• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How funny, I was just now reading the Wikipedia entry about the series and realized each season will have a different story, characters, etc. I agree with you, IRDB, this show is the greatest. Have watched 5 episodes and each one gets better, stranger, more intense.

No real need to compare, but the last show i truly loved (Breaking Bad) had a slight edge, for me, by adding dark comedy to the mix. But what an amazingly great show!

I am totally into this one too. I typically give HBO's new dramatic shows a chance (unless they are a genre I don't care for, like Game of Thrones), and I'm impressed with how this has progressed.

I do find that I have put the captions on occasionally like I do with Justified, but that's probably just because I'm not from the south. :lol A minor complaint about an otherwise great show.

Plot twists seem to have become cliche, so I bet this show is gonna conclude in a more straight forward fashion. It's the acting makes this one so good. Both leads are absolutely compelling. I could re-watch Matthew's monologues over and over.

As far as the ending goes, I bet Rust is under cover for the FBI or something. It'd be too obvious for it to be Hart.

MM showed what its like to prep for being undercover. To meet the gang fully knowing there would be an initiation filled w/lots of ingestion.

This show is so dark at times and only rarely there is flashes of hope. Yet, still I return, watch and hope they catch the killer/s?

really great show.  has the kind of great, random pacing that reminds me of The Sopranos.  Can't wait for the finale Sunday.  Watching McConaughey smoke makes my lungs hurt though.

They're doing more, but with different characters and prob different actors too.  McConaughey's not coming back.

I am pretty sure that Rust will not make it out of the season finale alive.  I am 50/50 on Marty as well.    

A truly fantastic show with so much depth and thoughtfulness. My mind has been racing with all kinds of theories and tangents. Was Marty's daughter abused (doll setup, pictures, tiara throw)? Is the yellow king just a reference to drugs? or is there an actual person? If a big conspiracy, why leave antler girl out in open for 'regular' police/public to find? Why is there even a reference to an obscure literary work? Why didn't Rust recognize lawnmower man with his scars? Am I over-thinking a piece of (meta)fiction (i.e., LOST)? ... I particularly like this idea (even if it turns out not too be true).

I do know one thing: The final minutes of the one episode wher Rust goes into and out of the projects with Ginger is one of the most captivating bits of television I have ever seen. All in one continuous take; no cuts, edits, etc. The opposite of the current fad of a million edits, fast-moving camera, etc in order to convey some action scene (and usually leaves me wondering WTF happened). This is an intense edge-of-seat piece of true cinema.

What do you guys think? 

what did marty see on that video?

Pretty sure he saw ritualistic rape of a young girl, which was way too close to home due to the age of his daughters.

I was a little surprised they brought it back full circle to one of the very first people they questioned (lawn mower dude). After all the preceding twists and turns, that almost seemed too conventional. Very eager to see how it comes to a close tomorrow night!

I was a little surprised they brought it back full circle to one of the very first people they questioned (lawn mower dude). After all the preceding twists and turns, that almost seemed too conventional. Very eager to see how it comes to a close tomorrow night!

huh?

you saying that's the same guy as in episode 3 at the school?

edit:  looks like same actor, per IMDB.  In episode 3 he had a beard, so I guess that masked the scarring.