The things that annoy you of your favorite bands/musicians

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I grew some pot once in Dallas.  The little sister of my then-girlfriend stole all the nice buds about a week before they should have been plucked, then essentially tried to sell some of it to me.  good times.

I grew some pot once in Dallas.  The little sister of my then-girlfriend stole all the nice buds about a week before they should have been plucked, then essentially tried to sell some of it to me.  good times.

Laissez-faire capitalism at its best.

They based Bob Maplethorpe from Bottle Rocket on you?

Robbie Plant really needs to join his mates for a big big tour.

just what i was going to say. in a recent interview a few days back, the question of what chance of reunion came to jimmy. he said "i dont know, i dont sing. you'll have to ask someone else". robert (sitting next to him) butted in and  said "zero". i guess that explains everything

just what i was going to say. in a recent interview a few days back, the question of what chance of reunion came to jimmy. he said "i dont know, i dont sing. you'll have to ask someone else". robert (sitting next to him) butted in and  said "zero". i guess that explains everything

Its a gazillion dollar tour Plant is passing up. I suppose he doesnt need the cash so.....we're screwed.

Am I the only one who noticed how totally fucking bored Robert Plant sounds on the O2 concert record? HE DOESN'T WANT TO SING THOSE SONGS ANYMORE. And no one can make him. And no one should, because as opposed to Mr. Page, he has showed infinitely more musical growth in the past 30 years.

Furthermore, and I hate to be the one to point this out, old rockstars don't reunite and go on tour to make their fans happy. They do it because they need the money. Plant obviously doesn't need the money, or not enough to involve himself in the massive enterprise such a tour would be.

I will not! Not until everyone accepts that Robert Plant doesn't wanna be in Zep anymore.

I get it, its all clear to me now.

What isnt clear is that Allison Kraus thing he did a few years ago. I thought it was bloomin' awful.

Am I the only one who noticed how totally fucking bored Robert Plant sounds on the O2 concert record? HE DOESN'T WANT TO SING THOSE SONGS ANYMORE. And no one can make him. And no one should, because as opposed to Mr. Page, he has showed infinitely more musical growth in the past 30 years.

Yes

He sings quite a few of those songs when he tours now. I don't blame him for not wanting the pressure a huge arena tour would put on him, but he's always had been wishy washy over the whole thing, or at the very least, a tease.

I think it's past the point of being a possibility. They should've marked out a month each for LA, Chicago, and NYC in 2008 and done a show every few nights.

Far as the musical growth thing...Page has always longed for his band back and made protecting and enhancing the Zeppelin legacy priority #1 and Plant is still basically playing music inspired by the same stuff. I wouldn't say that either has left the other in the dust as far as that.

I had a friend who decided he wanted to go into the hydroponic weed world. He bought the grow lights, got some killer weed seed, got two friends to pay 1/3 of the cost each.

He was getting some really good grow results. Then he started reading how the Feds watched for unusually high energy usage in apartment complexes...panicked and tore down the lights, cut of the plants, pulled out all his grow stuff  put it in a big garbage bag, poured a gallon of bleach in it and dumped it in a dumpster a mile from his house.

He was this paranoid BEFORE he started really smoking.

True Story.

even the band agreed its the best of all they're reunions. might explain why robert wants to leave it that way.. on the other hnd, he is a cocky bastard!

Maybe his wife wont let him.