The things that annoy you of your favorite bands/musicians

Most people may or may not be able to find fault in their favorite bands but there are something's that  some bands I like would appreciate if they changed

So here it goes

Wilco- Would like to see the core set list revamped. No need to play Shot in the Arm, I am Trying to Break Your Heart every night.

Son Volt- Why don't they play anything off of Straightaways and Wide Swing! Two of my favorite albums of theirs

Phish- Sure you are a jam band. Keep those Jams down to 10 minutes max please! I love when Phish plays shorter live songs, more bang for the buck
Radiohead-Throw us a bone...Play a few more tracks from Pablo and Bends

R.E.M.- I don't believe they are done with music because Mills and Buck still go non-stop I still believe in 5 years they will be back. That being said it was pure BS they didn't do a farewell tour. That and also when they play live drop Losing My Religion and add some other tracks from Out of Time, Automatic and Document

Bruce Springsteen- No, you don't need to play Born To Run, Badlands or Thunder Road live anymore. Those songs have been played every show since 78??? Also, the encores are surprisingly predictable!

U2- You need to add way more live songs from 81-87! Way less from 2000 up

The Cure- Tour NY more!!!! Once every 5 years is too little!

Blur- PLAY NY ALREADY! Last NY show with original line up was 1999. Since then they have played hundreds of shows, Damon Albarn also tour with all of his side projects in NY but not with Blur!

Tom Petty- Almost 40 year career and a 90 minute show! Really! Should be way over 2 hours

Morrissey-Same as Petty however Morrissey plays 75 minute!

Billy Joel- How many songs from your career have you not played live? No more greatest hits shows...

I'm sure I will think of more!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Guided By Voices/Robert Pollard - No need to release EVERYTHING you write and record. A little editing would do wonders for your cannon and your legacy.

• Martin Newell - Come to the US, please!
  • Roy Wood - You too!!!
  • XTC - Please get back together. And please help Andy settle down so that you can play in front of audiences again. I've seen footage from the early 80s and you kicked all kinds of ass, live.

Jeff Tweedy Solo - The South does exist and is open for business.

MMJ - Stop sucking.. Now.. Stop it.  

Flaming Lips - Embryonic was a masterpiece, but The Terror was trying too hard to stay weird.. There comes a point when being weird just for the sake of being weird becomes irritating...  

Band Of Horses - Stop trying to be The Eagles.  What happened to the edgy, grungy, BOH of your first two albums.. ?

And oh yeah, Avett Brothers - Fuck you.  That is all.  

Tom Petty- Almost 40 year career and a 90 minute show! Really! Should be way over 2 hours

Yes! With as massive a repertoire as he's got, both originals and brilliant covers they've done over the years, they should not be repeating any songs for three nights in a row like the Dead did.  I'd follow them on tour if they'd just mix it up.  He doesn't even change up the setlist that much from tour to tour.  So much wasted potential, IMO.

Nels - hasn't brought the Singer to Atlanta since their first album was out. 

He hasn't toured much in the South at all in years.  He hasn't been back to Asheville, but that might be due to the fact there was 13 people in attendance last time he was there.. 

He hasn't toured much in the South at all in years.  He hasn't been back to Asheville, but that might be due to the fact there was 13 people in attendance last time he was there.. 

I looked into driving up for that, but it wasn't in the cards.  The south is a little spread out compared to some parts of the country, so I guess I can't blame him for neglecting us.  He pulled a pretty good crowd when he was here for the first album, but Carla Bozulich was also on the bill which probably brought in folks who wouldn't have come just for Nels' band.

Neil Young-He's become a spoiled asshole over the last 10 years.  His broken promises are a joke now.

MMJ-Act like the last two albums never came out and release a true successor to Z.  Yim, quit sucking.

What promises did Neil not deliver on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Homegrown

Decade II

Not much Unreleased Material on Archives I

Not all released material on Archives I

Toast

Oceanside/Countryside

BD Live Downloads

Berlin Live album from 82

Pono

etc.

He just has a bad habit of talking about something and it never coming to fruition.  It's a bit frustrating.  But that's Neil.  

Homegrown

Decade II

Toast

Oceanside/Countryside

BD Live Downloads

Pono

etc.

He just has a bad habit of talking about something and it never coming to fruition.  It's a bit frustrating.  But that's Neil.  

interesting...i don't know a lot of the background on stuff like Toast or Oceanside/Countryside.

didn't most of Homegrown material come out on other records, kinda like Chrome Dreams?

and hey, Pono is here! ;)

Homegrown

Decade II

Toast

Oceanside/Countryside

BD Live Downloads

Pono

etc.

I like Neil all right (though I have only a limited amount of his solo material), but I wish he would do one thing: stop performing Phil Ochs' "Changes." It's nice that he covered it and all, and I'm happy to see Phil getting more exposure, but Neil never had a voice half as good as Phil's, and he sure as hell doesn't now. I watched a live version of it on YouTube and it was absolutely cringeworthy.