I have a bizarre attraction to Phil Collins' "Against All Odds."  It is such a perfectly constructed pop song.  But I pretty much can't stand that guy otherwise.

Friend of mine wanted to cover it in my old punk band. Never did it, though.

Yes. Please, don't wake him. He gets angry when awoken and announces to everyone that he is no longer sleeping, but awake.

I wonder if he and Eric Clapton call each other and talk about rain.

Because no one has asked, here is my idea of a combined Illusions disc:

You Ain't the First

Bad Obsession
Double Talkin' Jive
November Rain
The Garden
Bad Apples
Dead Horse
Coma
Yesterday
Breakdown 
Pretty Tied Up
Locomotive
Estranged
You Could be Mine

I, uh, didnt really read your directions too closely so I must provide some clarity on my choice. I like the Stones and listen to them fairly often. That being said, I think you meant to say "Monkey Man".

Monkey Man is unbelievably great, but I don't think I've ever heard it on the radio.

Lammycat, on 25 Apr 2014 - 3:37 PM, said:

He's retired, you know.

like taking a nap?

i hate to be the bearer of bad news for you Lammy, but this is on his wiki page which he said an interview a few years back:

Although one of the world's best-selling music artists, Collins has garnered significant criticism over the years. He announced his retirement from music in 2011 to focus on his family life,[16][17] but indicated in 2013 that he was still writing songs and considering a return to music.[18][19] In 2014, Collins revealed that he was collaborating on new material with Adele

i hate to be the bearer of bad news for you Lammy, but this is on his wiki page which he said an interview a few years back:

Although one of the world's best-selling music artists, Collins has garnered significant criticism over the years. He announced his retirement from music in 2011 to focus on his family life,[16][17] but indicated in 2013 that he was still writing songs and considering a return to music.[18][19] In 2014, Collins revealed that he was collaborating on new material with Adele

I just get a kick that he came out of the blue to announce his" retirement" from non-relevance/obscurity. Good for him, though. that he's pulled a Michael Jordan and returned to his craft. Again.

Oops, I missed the part about a band you don't dig too much when I picked Kashmir.  Scratch that.  Let's go with:

Ah, Leah! by Donnie Iris.

I was gonna say that one, too.  I love that song!