I have a hard time picturing me wasting beer on soaking a brat, though....

Cheap beer.

I have no favorite, just whichever I crave at the time.  We've grilled a TON of Italian sausage links recently.  I could eat those every day during the summer.

Cheap beer.

I have no favorite, just whichever I crave at the time.  We've grilled a TON of Italian sausage links recently.  I could eat those every day during the summer.

I usually drink cheap beer....

Hummel's hot dogs, out of New Haven, I would kill for.

Frankly (no pun intended) I prefer the polish. Slathered with spicy mustard and heaps of grilled onions and some kraut.....oh man! Surprisingly, Comiskey Park does a polish right. I ate two the last time I was there and managed to teach my boy the wonders of kraut too.

Usually you gotta go to a Maxwell St type of place for a proper polish. I'm glad Comiskey puts in the effort to make it right.

Polish.

With caramelized onions and yellow mustard.

On a poppy seed hot dog bun.

Please stop boiling your brats! Simmering in beer is fine, for a few minutes only. When you boil them, you're boiling away a lot of the tasty fat out of the brat.

This.

Please stop boiling your brats! Simmering in beer is fine, for a few minutes only. When you boil them, you're boiling away a lot of the tasty fat out of the brat.

Having said that, a nice fresh kielbasa is my favorite to grill.

exactly.

What always do with any type of fresh sausage.  Is cut up an onion and red/green pepper or two; place in a tin foil pan in a single layer put the sausages; pour half of a beer over all; seal tightly with tin foil; place on medium high grill for 15 20 mins; then remove foil and brown sausages directly.  This way if any fat is released it is into the peppers and onions.  The peppers and onions are nicely cooked and the sausages are perfectly cooked.