Wilco 10/29/14 Capitol Theatre - Port Chester, NY

Another great show. Some unexpected covers in the acoustic encore, and a 30 song setlist with no repeats from the night before. Here's the setlist:

Company in my back

Poor places

Art of almost

I might

Hell is chrome

Ashes of American flags ($8.93)

Hotel Arizona

Pot kettle black

Nothingsevergonnastandinmyway(again)

What's the world got in store

I'll fight

Cars can't escape

Should've been in love

Someday soon

It's just that simple

You and I

Airline to heaven

Jesus, etc.

Born alone

Laminated cat

Radio cure

Box full of letters

The late greats

Heavy metal drummer

Encore:

Walken

I'm the man who loves you

Encore 2:*

True love will find you in the end (Daniel Johnston cover)

That's not the issue

Be not so fearful (bill fay cover)

California stars

*performed partially without PA

Some quick hits as I recover with a post show beer and baseball: Wow! to both Wilco and the Capitol Theatre. On paper, preferred tuesday night list, but Every song was played as if they wanted it to be the best ever. First time at the Cap, as great a venue as I expected it to be. Wilco is so on top of their game, its jawdropping.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

really an amazing night. i second wrp's assertion that they are so on top of their game right now. probably the best versions i've ever heard live of at least a handful of tunes if not more (it's just that simple, pot kettle black, ashes) plus a healthy selection of deep cuts. the second unplugged encore was really special too- i'd love to see them keep this tradition going even after the anniversary run is finished. bummed we only got to go to the middle show of this three-night stand but when they're on like they were tonight, i'll happily be the meat in a wilco sandwich any day...

Awesome night. Like at The Ryman, they did no repeats on first two nights of The Cap. But now they have a third night, so we might get 90 different songs on this run. Too bad I missed the first night, but it was for a good reason (the farewell epic show of The Allmans).

Highlight for me tonight were Cars Can't Escape, Art of Almost, Box Full of Letters. 

A lot of great performances, including beautiful takes of "Jesus" and "Radio". Can't wait for tomorrow!

Awesome night. Like at The Ryman, they did no repeats on first two nights of The Cap. But now they have a third night, so we might get 90 different songs on this run. Too bad I missed the first night, but it was for a good reason (the farewell epic show of The Allmans).!

What a great back to back run for you! Kicking myself I made 2 separate trips down from Boston and didn't plan well enough to catch the last allmans show and then Wilco in a single trip. Also kicking myself that I'm not staying for another Wilco show. Have fun tonight everybody! Still plenty of songs to be played. Should be great. Although I'm sure last night was the best looking audience night of all

Wow..My first time hearing It's Just That Simple, Car's Can't Escape and my first What's The World Got in Store full band! Great show! Was a great time and fun to catch up with Twosheds Jackson again! My observation through the night was just how differen Glenn is from Ken Croomer on Hotel Arizona it was a total different take on the drumming. It was a real unexpected treat hearing that live again!

A few thoughts from the show… an early shred session for Nels on Ashes - that is one of his best songs… An especially mesmerizing Laminated Cat… Radio Cure is such a great live tune… A nice surprise was That's Not the Issue in the second encore - love that tune… Great to hear two of my requests with Someday Soon and Pot Kettle Black… Awesome time and great venue

Awesome night. Like at The Ryman, they did no repeats on first two nights of The Cap. But now they have a third night, so we might get 90 different songs on this run. Too bad I missed the first night, but it was for a good reason (the farewell epic show of The Allmans).

Highlight for me tonight were Cars Can't Escape, Art of Almost, Box Full of Letters. 

A lot of great performances, including beautiful takes of "Jesus" and "Radio". Can't wait for tomorrow!

Ok this one time .. You get a pass.. Kudos on getting to the last ABB gig for awhile fingers crossed for Gregg's health and maybe the road will go on and we will see them onstage again in a couple of yrs..

Glad you got a Great Show last night what a memorable week for you!

Great show. Really enjoyed the varied setlist. Everything was played very well and the sound in the balcony was perfect. Highlights for me were Company in My Back, Poor Places, He'll is Chrome, Ashes, It's Just That Simple (finally!!!), Laminated Cat, and Radio Cure. I also loved the acoustic encore set, particularly the True Love. It was cool how they lowered the lightbulbs from when they played the last four. This is a venue that I have been to a bunch of times over the past couple of years and I was excited to see Wilco there. If you have never been and you get the chance go, I can't imagine being disappointed. It was my wife's first time to the Cap and our first time seeing Wilco without one or more of our kids since 2008. The vibe up in the balcony was very mellow and I would say that they energy level of the crowd was quite low. Other than a couple of people off to the side, everyone was sitting. Would have liked to dance a bit but was fine listening and was really able to soak it all in. Would have liked to see them take advantage of the projected lights on the walls, but It seems like Phil is the only one who uses them. On a related note Nels will be sitting in with Phil this Saturday at the Cap. Went down to the floor for a bit and it seemed like a drunken mess, lots of yammering and loud talking. Looking forward to Solid Sound.

What are the chances of some "Philco" tonight?

I don't know about Phil sitting in, that would be sweet though, but they are at the Cap home of some of the greatest Dark Stars EVER including the ESP show and Wilco have played a couple of pretty decent Dark Stars themselves.

Back in MA, after my first visit to the Cap.  I was sitting 4th row of the balcony, dead center.  I would have preferred standing and dancing on the floor for Wilco, but my buddy got the tickets and as a vet of many Cap shows really wanted to sit in the lower balcony.  That may work better for a Phil show to sit and take it all in, but for Wilco... Oh well, I danced and rocked in my seat all night.  The sound is superb in the Cap.  Totally what I expected, Peter Shapiro had phenomenal sound systems at Lockn'.   The crowd was "mellow" upstairs, very few people standing, but I would say the crowd was in rapt attention.  There were no talkers or other crowd distractions.  They may have been sitting, but they were there for Wilco.

Like I originally posted, every song felt like a highlight.  As much as I loved Lockn', and love Solid Sound, there's just something about being inside a smallish theater at night with a great sound and light show to raise the intensity level of everything.  Every song felt so feakin intense.  Particular highlights, Art of Almost (thought my head would explode), Hotel Arizona, Airline, the acoustic encore set, really everything.  #wilcolovesyoubaby

As much as I loved Lockn', and love Solid Sound, there's just something about being inside a smallish theater at night with a great sound and light show to raise the intensity level of everything.  Every song felt so feakin intense. 

YES! That's what I'm talking about.