Strawberry Alarm Clocks

I was thinking about this, this morning: do people still set their alarm clocks to radio stations to wake them up in the a.m.? Or to a certain CD/song, for that matter? Neither my wife nor I do. It seems scary. 

My ex-wife gave me an atomic clock about 10 years ago that runs on batteries (I think I have changed them once in that 10 yrs). The thing is travel size, is mildly polite in its tone, and is always 100% accurate. 

How do you do it?

I have a clock radio with a port for an iPod. My old iPod classic is on there, and I just put it on shuffle. So it's always a surprise. Some mornings, it's Royal Trux, which is not the greatest way to wake up. Other times, I wake to the voice of Uncle Frankie talking to an audience, which inevitably makes me smile.

I have a clock radio with a port for an iPod. My old iPod classic is on there, and I just put it on shuffle. So it's always a surprise. Some mornings, it's Royal Trux, which is not the greatest way to wake up. Other times, I wake to the voice of Uncle Frankie talking to an audience, which inevitably makes me smile.

See, this is cool. I might look into getting one of those. On the other hand, will I be tense not knowing if it'll be a nice " '74 Half-Step" or the opening notes of "Revolution" and that scream....

See, this is cool. I might look into getting one of those. On the other hand, will I be tense not knowing if it'll be a nice " '74 Half-Step" or the opening notes of "Revolution" and that scream....

Did you just arrive here in a time machine from the past?

You won't be tense not knowing...but you might be tense if you wake up hearing "A Small Eternity with Yoko Ono."

my phone wakes me up.  It has a math problem challenge to turn it off, so it makes sure I am up.  

Wow that sounds annoying.

Plain old FM random song wake up.  Not even sure what station or anything as it gets turned off immediately.

Wow that sounds annoying.

Plain old FM random song wake up. Not even sure what station or anything as it gets turned off immediately.

When I was looking for alarm clock apps, there was one that cost you a dollar everytime you hit snooze.

I have Roeo Stodart arriving at the predetermined time to tread on the splayed fingers of Christopher Cross and Marc Almond, who have been forced to sleep pegged face down to the floor beside my bed. The participants change weekly, but these two in particular make a pleasing harmony of screams.

I have Roeo Stodart arriving at the predetermined time to tread on the splayed fingers of Christopher Cross and Marc Almond, who have been forced to sleep pegged face down to the floor beside my bed. The participants change weekly, but these two in particular make a pleasing harmony of screams.

tire·some  adjective \ˈtī(-ə)r-səm\

: causing you to feel bored, annoyed, or impatient