Had my Wilco ski hat stolen from pocket during Atlanta show.

Really sucks. I know it's just a hat, but it was my hat and can't be replaced. They're no longer available in the shop.

I'll be at tomorrow night's show, but I'm not holding my breath about it turning up in lost & found.

Yeah. I doubt I'll buy anything to replace it. I spent enough money to get here. Flew from New Orleans, bought tix for both nights & and am paying for food & drink while here. Tonight's show was phenomenal because of the band, but this definitely puts a damper on the experience.

i once had a setlist snatched out of my hands after the show and the bastard did a runner and refused to give it back. another vc'er that was approached him and he still refused to hand it back. plus he was being a show-off dick throughout the show

I'm not saying that someone didn't steal your hat from your pocket, because the world is full of scumbags, but, it is also possible that it fell out and got lost in the masses and/or someone picked it up. When I walk the dogs, I stick a plastic grocery bag in my pocket and it has worked it's way out from walking several times, causing me to walk back to the pile and pick it up later with a new bag. I learned to shove it way down. My granddaughter got me one of those bag holders that clips to your belt so no more lost bags.

If you are like me, a jumping around dancing Wilco fan, I can definitely visualize it falling out.

Either way  :) , it still sucks.

I'm not saying that someone didn't steal your hat from your pocket, because the world is full of scumbags, but, it is also possible that it fell out and got lost in the masses and/or someone picked it up. When I walk the dogs, I stick a plastic grocery bag in my pocket and it has worked it's way out from walking several times, causing me to walk back to the pile and pick it up later with a new bag. I learned to shove it way down. My granddaughter got me one of those bag holders that clips to your belt so no more lost bags.

If you are like me, a jumping around dancing Wilco fan, I can definitely visualize it falling out.

Either way  :) , it still sucks.

It may have fallen out, but it wasn't during the show. I had it just a few moments before we exited the Tabernacle. But like you said, either way it sucks. 

Euclid records in St. Louis had a handful in stock along with a lot of tour march.  Maybe check their location on the Dirty Coast...

Thanks. I'll give it a shot.

If it was in your pocket just before exiting, I can definitely see some d-bag snatching it. Best of luck on your search for a replacement.

Hey Boss_Tweedy,

I know what it feels like to have something taken away from you, especially right after you walk out of a Wilco show glowing and beaming with joy. Someone grabbed my phone after the show in the ladies room at Kings Theatre (Brooklyn) on night 1. I was pretty devastated, mostly because of the photos/videos saved on it (learned my lesson to upload on cloud storage for the future). 

But more importantly, I went to see Wilco the following night and during those two amazing hours, Wilco helped me to forget all about a silly phone. I was just so happy to be back again to a beautiful room full of excited fans and of course, the band bringing the house down. Items are always replaceable and I hope seeing Wilco again on night 2 in Atlanta also helped you to forget the unpleasant memories. I also hope you can find another replacement. And remember, Wilco is always the best medicine for the blues :)

Hey Boss_Tweedy,

I know what it feels like to have something taken away from you, especially right after you walk out of a Wilco show glowing and beaming with joy. Someone grabbed my phone after the show in the ladies room at Kings Theatre (Brooklyn) on night 1. I was pretty devastated, mostly because of the photos/videos saved on it (learned my lesson to upload on cloud storage for the future). 

But more importantly, I went to see Wilco the following night and during those two amazing hours, Wilco helped me to forget all about a silly smartphone. I was just so happy to be back again to a beautiful room full of excited fans and of course, the band bringing the house down. Items are always replaceable and I hope seeing Wilco again on night 2 in Atlanta also helped you to forget the unpleasant memories. I also hope you can find another replacement. And remember, Wilco is always the best medicine for the blues :)

I agree. Losing a Wilco hat stinks. But Wilco will love you, baby.