I forgot Wasserman was on Lou Reed's New York. That is one of my all time favorite albums.

I got to see him with Bob Weir in the early '90s at a large amphitheater.  Weird venue for a duo performance.  Nowhere near intimate enough, but I remember both of them delivering strong performances.. 

I forgot Wasserman was on Lou Reed's New York. That is one of my all time favorite albums.

I got to see him with Bob Weir in the early '90s at a large amphitheater.  Weird venue for a duo performance.  Nowhere near intimate enough, but I remember both of them delivering strong performances.. 

I saw Weir and Wasserman play in a shed too - think it was 92, with Michelle Shocked and others on the bill. The place (the horrible World Music Theater) was pretty empty. Great show, though.

Just found the setlist.

7/16/92 World Music Theatre, Tinley Park, IL ticket.png

Bombs Away>Take Me to the River, Twilight Time, KC Moan, Witchcraft, Eternity, When I Paint My Masterpiece, Fly Away, This Time Forever>Shade of Grey, The Winners>Heaven Help the Fool>Bass Solo>Victim Or the Crime>Josephine>Spoonful*

(*w/Michelle Shocked & Bruce Cockburn)

I can't find the setlist for the Weir/Wasserman show I saw, but it was 8/6/92 at Lakewood Amphitheater in Atlanta.  I remember them playing Misty, and maybe Saint of Circumstance...or Victim or the Crime. I get those two mixed up. Pretty sure they played Spoonful, too.  Cockburn definitely opened. Not sure if Michelle Shocked was there.

Holy shit!!  What the fuck is going on?!  Loved Rob's Trio album as well as seeing him with Bob Weir.  His bass playing is always recognizable which is quite a feat on the stand up bass.  His playing with Ratdog live and the album is excellent too.  Really made Ratdog standout.

RIP

I can't find the setlist for the Weir/Wasserman show I saw, but it was 8/6/92 at Lakewood Amphitheater in Atlanta.  I remember them playing Misty, and maybe Saint of Circumstance...or Victim or the Crime. I get those two mixed up. Pretty sure they played Spoonful, too.  Cockburn definitely opened. Not sure if Michelle Shocked was there.

Getting Victim and Saint mixed up!?  LOL, it was probably Victim.  I really liked seeming them too.  Would've loved to see them in a smaller venue.

Getting Victim and Saint mixed up!?  LOL, it was probably Victim.  I really liked seeming them too.  Would've loved to see them in a smaller venue.

I get everything the Dead did mixed up after Brent Mydland joined the band. 

I get everything the Dead did mixed up after Brent Mydland joined the band. 

I can see that.  I'm that way with Phish, so I know what you're saying.

Just FYI, a lot of Ratdog shows are available on archive.org, many in soundboard.

Thanks for the heads up!

I can see that.  I'm that way with Phish, so I know what you're saying.

What is your dividing line with Phish?  They kind of fell of my radar after Hoist.  I need to revisit their music.

Since google stopped returning exact-results only the search results are clogged with numerous articles about he recent deaths of Prince and David Bowie, but through four pages I was surprised to see there isn't a metal band named "Icon Death."