Wilco — 3 Sept. 2016, Seattle, WA (Moore Theatre)

Normal American Kids $

If I Were A Child

Cry All Day

Radio Cure

Company In My Back

(Break)

Misunderstood

Someone to Lose

Nothingsever

Bull Black Nova

Shouldn't be Ashamed

Reservations

Impossible Germany

Nope

Forget The Flowers

She's A Jar

Dawned On Me

Ashes of American Flags

Locator ->

Laminated Cat

We Aren't The World

Hummingbird

Late Greats

----------

Spiders

----------

True Love ^

California Stars ^

Just That Simple

Shot In The Arm

$ Jeff & Nels only

^ With Bill Frisell

The band took the stage at 8:30 and ended at about 10:50. It's tough to talk about the show without first mentioning the break that took place following Company In My Back. The crowd on Nels' side started signaling that something was the matter mid-song. I recall seeing a guy waving at Jeff to stop playing and Jeff mouthed "we can't stop." Once the song ended, the band got off stage and audience members started yelling for a doctor. I was not near enough to confirm, but apparently a gentleman needed CPR. Once Wilco took the stage again, maybe 10 minutes later, Jeff mentioned that the guy was okay and that the band "in 50 years" had never experienced anything like that.

The printed set list is identical to what was played, except that they cut Joke Explained when the medical emergency took place.

Again Jeff tonight introduced the new album as "Not just Schmilco but Wilco Schmilco." He also joked after playing a new one that "you can tell it's a Scmilco song because there is no ending."

There's not much more that I can add. While I had hoped for more new songs, I loved the set that was played. Ashes followed by Locator straight into Laminated Cat was pretty stellar.

I've enjoyed visiting Seattle and had a great time at both shows. Until next time!

I was surprised by how similar it was to last night's show but it was still very good! I agree with knotgreen that the triple whammy of Ashes/Locator/Laminated Cat was fantastic. How great is Pat on the banjo? I love the response from the crowd when John sings It's Just That Simple! The acoustic version of Nothingsevergoingtostandinmyway was another highlight.

The pause in the concert was unfortunate and I feel bad for the band as they probably didn't know what was going on. I was close by and the whole situation definitely put a damper on the evening, at least for me. Hopefully that gentleman is going to be ok. 

I thought the show was close to as good as Friday but there definitely was a weird energy after the incident. People were freaked out as there was no info. Paris was on people's minds. I was on the opposite site & someone said sniper. There were enough differences in the setlist to make me feel good about going to both. I got 2 out of 3 wishes on the setlist (Radio Cure, Ashes). She's a Jar made up for loneliness nicely! The semi acoustic Bull Black Nova was interesting for sure. & Nothinsevergoing... was outstanding. Always good to hear Laminated Cat. I thought Impossible Germany was better the 1st night & Spiders the second. I was in a position to watch Glenn closely & he was definitely on last night. The 2nd encore was nice. I always like to hear Just That Simple & True Love was a very nice surprise with the Bill Frissell guitar. I would give Friday the edge for me personally though. I'm tired today & going to recharge. Next up Ray LaMontagne with MMJ Monday night. Has been a fine music weekend so far! Also, got tshirts last night for me & my belle. The poster for the shows was definitely cool for Seattle fans. I don't usually buy those as they are on pricey side but this was kind of a Seahawks theme. Must have here, haha!

Do tell.

quite a surprise with the stripped down approach going on. think that it was at that point where glenn got seriously engaged. him & jeff did a jam during spiders that was amazing! i'd like to hear them try art of almost with this setup. i read that they're hesitant to do wilco the album stuff because if they do a roadcase, they have to pay warners as the rights haven't reverted back yet. not sure when that ends. i would've loved to hear one wing at these shows but not complaining. we got quite the variety over the 2 shows.

Again Jeff tonight introduced the new album as "Not just Schmilco but Wilco Schmilco." He also joked after playing a new one that "you can tell it's a Scmilco song because there is no ending."

Sounds like he needs to make up his mind too. Shouldn't he have said "you can tell it's a Wilco Schmilco song because it has no ending"

BUSTED

If the full title is "Wilco Schmilco" does that mean we have to say "Wilco Schmilco by Wilco" or "Wilco's new album Wilco Schmilco"?  :huh 
I kept a closer eye on Pat last night, it's really impressive how many instruments he switches between, even in midsong. I agree with Chuck, Impossible was best on Friday but Spiders was best the second night. I love AGIB and SBS but some of those songs like Spiders and Late Greats are so much better live. It was a special moment when they started Late Greats and everyone stood up and sang along. 

Seattle is a beautiful city. The wife and I met two VCers, radiatortunes and Wendy who are both SUPER fantastic people. I'm now more determined than ever to go to Solid Sound next year. But for now, I'm back home in Canada.  :canada

I love AGIB but some of those songs like Spiders and What Light are so much better live. It was a special moment when they started What Light and everyone stood up and sang along.

I'm confused. What night did they play What Light? It wasn't in the setlist at the top of the thread nor in the 9/2 thread. And What Light isn't on AGIB.

i would be so happy if I got to hear What Light live, nice that they pulled that one out, there is hope to hear it during the LA run now.

I'm confused. What night did they play What Light? It wasn't in the setlist at the top of the thread nor in the 9/2 thread. And What Light isn't on AGIB.

Oh shit, sorry, I meant Late Greats. I had an almost 10 hour drive home yesterday, I was a little brain dead clearly.  :stunned

I'm not active on this forum but I'm a huge Wilco fan and want to give my two cents here.  I attended both nights in Seattle and it was awesome both nights.  I'd have to say night two was the better night but I was also a lot closer (main floor right row D seat 1 vs main floor center row M) so I'm sure that affects the experience. and the crowd night two seemed better, especially since Jeff said "you might have ruined us for the rest of the tour."  and also because the lady behind me night one kept on yelling WOOOOO at inappropriate times.

Also, I took a small dose of mushrooms for night two while only drank a bit of alcohol for night one so I'm sure that affects my perception of the shows as well.  It was definitely a surreal moment when the show stopped for the medical emergency.  Not to make light of the situation, but I took the opportunity to take a pee which was convenient.  I heard some dudes talking who were sitting near the incident and they said the guy was having a heart attack.  It was pretty crazy going from the beauty of Wilco playing Company In My Back to medical emergency within seconds, while tripping on shrooms no less.

But the show resumed and everything was awesome.  I really dug the stripped-down vibe they had going, the whole show was like a compromise between their usual full band set-up and the acoustic encores they've been doing during the last tour.  Glenn was mostly sticking to the bundles and never really busted out the Rock sticks, and Nels did the resonator thing on some songs where he would normally be shredding a solid body electric. overall it was pure magic both nights but especially night two when I was super close.  I dig the fact that they are switching up the setlists more lately and busting out some songs that have never been staples of their live shows.  schmilco songs are sounding great, too.  

my biggest surprise was hearing reservations both nights.  this was like my sixth and seventh time seeing them and first hearing them play reservations.  and both nights, I involuntarily said "wow" at the end of the song.  That arrangement is something else.  what the fuck is the tube thing that glenn is blowing into?

We have a great independent theater where I live that shows small/foreign/indie movies, and it also has a large classic film series that atracts an older audience. I was at a showing in the classic series and about an hour into the movie the house lights came up and an ambulance arrived. An elderly woman who was a longtime supporter had quietly passed away next to her husband. A lot of us there knew her and, although it was a somber moment for sure, it seemed sort of poetically fitting. The kicker? The movie was From Here to Eternity.

Oh shit, sorry, I meant Late Greats. I had an almost 10 hour drive home yesterday, I was a little brain dead clearly.  :stunned

But they did play What Light on 21 Aug 2016 in Chicago at Pritzker Pavillion, so its still on the table for this tour, I'd say!