Smaching Pumpkins

John Smith,

I'm hoping  you intentionally misspelled the band name in the thread title to make it sound like something one of the SNL Chicago Bears Superfans would say.  If so, well done!

• 1 year later...

I just want to direct everyone to this article: Despite all their rage, Smashing Pumpkins' tour isn't selling well, which has an incredible opening line (plus a random appearance from a former VC admin!).

I guess it's true what they say.... you either a die a rock hero or live long enough to start talking about shape shifters on Infowars and Joe Rogan.

I just want to direct everyone to this article: Despite all their rage, Smashing Pumpkins' tour isn't selling well, which has an incredible opening line (plus a random appearance from a former VC admin!).

I guess it's true what they say.... you either a die a rock hero or live long enough to start talking about shape shifters on Infowars and Joe Rogan.

Yeah, fuck Billy Corgan for going on InfoWars.

Funny they should mention Louisville.  I was checking out seats for that one right at the on-sale time, and once TM settled down after a few minutes you could see that there we an awful lot of seats available. 

The funny(er) thing is that they were just there a couple years or so ago on the "Plainsong" tour, in a much smaller venue (theater vs arena).  I went to that show, because they released / price dropped the "platinum" seats that had been held back just a couple days before the show.  So I was able to get Row A just behind the pit on the center aisle for $50. 

So yeah, I'd love to go again, but not for $125 in an arena for a decent seat..

Vince

Its possible this article was written just for the puns. I know Billy doesn't go out of his way to be liked by anybody but musically he is a genius. Their body of work speaks for itself...their B-sides alone would qualify as an impressive body of work. In my opinion everything up to Machina was near perfect and a couple years removed from my initial disappointment in Machina I actually started to enjoy it. Vince, I was the Zeitgeist show at the Palace...it sucked, mainly because they played Zeitgeist. From what I'm hearing and reading this tour is focusing on the bands great years...not the other reincarnations of the band. I'll be in that arena, already have that $125 ticket and I can't wait. Tickets are only a few rows back. Gish, Siamese Dream,  Pisces and Mellon Collie in less than 5 years is as good of a run as you can have. I don't tune into Infowars or Joe Rogan so I guess I can continue to enjoy the music I've loved since I was a teenager. I also don't watch sausage being made so I enjoy it still too.