Jeff Tweedy on the "Hilarious World of Depression" podcast

https://www.apmpodcasts.org/thwod/2017/11/jeff-tweedy-didnt-want-to-take-his-doctor-on-tour-because-the-doctor-was-terrible/

Jeff discusses anxiety, depression, migraines, his guitar and record collection, and other topics.  I haven't heard the whole thing yet, but so far it's really good.  Jeff has always had a straightforward and clear way of speaking about topics that many among us tend to make overly complicated.  I've always admired that about him.    

Better to watch the video of the interview if able: I cant seem to post a link given my lack of tech skills but the facebook page for the Hilarious World of Depression has the video of the interview. Wonderful perspective and inspiring.

Good tip.   There definitely were some segments that seemed like they'd be better with video.

i listened to most of it today on the drive into work.

he should do a WTF one as well.

Yeah besides a Nardwuar interview, Jeff on WTF is #1 on my not-existent list of PR I wish Jeff/Wilco would do.

EDIT: Also this podcast was very, very, good. 

I thought it was interesting that the host spoke about the "firing" of Jay Bennett while Jeff referred to it as Jay "leaving the band" - and interesting that Jeff touched on Jay B's substance abuse too.

That's been going on since it happened. Even in the IATTBYH film. It all depends on your point of view...

I thought it was interesting that the host spoke about the "firing" of Jay Bennett while Jeff referred to it as Jay "leaving the band" - and interesting that Jeff touched on Jay B's substance abuse too.

Yeah, that was the most interesting part of the interview. I think Tweedy and the band DID sincerely want Jay to get help and get better, but the documentary movie more than hinted at the possibility that Jay's personality didn't jive with band members and/or the band didn't particularly like Jay. 

It's life. People don't always like other people or get along with other people.

But it's a shame. Glad Tweedy got out of a situation that he thought was harming himself, but wish those 2 could have stayed together and Jay gotten better as well. Musically, it was a magic time.

Thanks for posting this. It's a terrific podcast. Jeff is pretty damned brave about facing his demons. I admire that in him.

Sometime around 2007, I was talking to him...I forget the exact context, I think maybe I was saying I disagreed with how the acts were ranked...but I mentioned the Coachella of 2005, which Wilco had been slated for...at that point Jeff reminded me, "I wasn't at that one because I was in rehab". I was embarrassed because I knew that but had briefly forgotten. (I never go to Coachella even though it's close. Too hipster-festival-y for me) But my point is, he was just so direct about it. People like him remind me that a demon faced is a demon conquered. 

Good to remember in times like these!

Great interview. His description of how drugs made him feel seems  very honest and truthful without hiding the issue.. I have heard people who were addicted say they always felt that they were just a "quart low" of whatever and taking the drug made them feel normal rather than "high".