Scott McCaughey Benefit Auction: Jeff Tweedy Stetson and Beyond

My friend Chris Castaneda, who organized the Scott McCaughey Benefit Show at the Hideout in Chicago, is now in the ongoing process of offering auction items to benefit Scott's medical fund.

Item one might catch your interest!   :blink

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeff-Tweedy-Wilco-Stetson-6X-Open-Road-Silverbelly-Cowboy-Hat/253484234647

Jeff Tweedy Open Road Silverbelly Cowboy Hat?!!!!!    :dribble I would look so nice in that!

There's some more Tweedy-related stuff coming too. :spider

Thanks for sharing! I was the high bidder for like 15 minutes  :heartbroken

Ohhhh! SO close!!!

By the way, see you at the Vic, Tyler!

Thanks for posting Kidsmoke. How surprising that even though I live in Texas I never wanted a cowboy hat until about 5 minutes ago.

How can you possibly be Texan without a cowboy hat? Bid!

:bounce8

There's some more Tweedy-related stuff coming too. :spider

Ohhhh! SO close!!!

By the way, see you at the Vic, Tyler!

How can you possibly be Texan without a cowboy hat? Bid!

:bounce8

Can’t wait! See you there!

Scott just announced a residency in Portland for April. He's getting back to it...

This makes me really happy! And if he spaces an occasional lyric, we, the fans, can fill in. Besides, who cares...it's all about how much fun it is to be in a room with Scott McOi.  :spider2  :rock

More Wilco/Tweedy items to bid on: A signed framed band photo, A signed copy of Sukierae (Vinyl, signed by Jeff and Spencer), and a signed (by Jeff) copy of Schmilco.

https://charity.ebay...p?NP_ID=2331601

Chris wanted you all to know that each of these items came directly from The Loft, with their usual generosity, and much love for Scott. These are the last Wilco-related items Chris has for the auction. So get in there and bid, bid, bid! Think how nice any of these items would look hung in a place of honor in YOUR home!  :thumbup

• 2 weeks later...

Scrolling through these items last week I had to pass on Jeff's Stetson but I did see a copy of the Harmed Brothers last album on special edition colored vinyl. These guys are friends of mine, drummer actually lives around the corner. They had no idea the record was on there so not sure who donated it. Regardless, I got it for $15. Anyway, check them out. Great band, great guys doing it right. They currently have members living in Ky, Oregon, Nashville and California so pick up their album and help pay for some of their gas!

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Scott fans, ignore the following at your own peril.  :spider Seriously.

30689002_198690580910354_259835228948371

A teaser from Auction Benefit organizer Chris Castaneda:

Guitar and I are packed for a drive down state. Meeting up with some old friends of McCaughey. Stay tuned- new auction items coming soon to the Jeremy Wilson Foundation eBay charity page."I'm going where there's no depression..."

So that previous teaser post really wants a follow-up! And GET EXCITED because here it is! I'll let the photos talk first.
31100580_201918213920924_622665419915788

One signature...

30743138_201918180587594_277145100349970

Two...

31046762_201918127254266_320302677214887

And 3 ...makes a priceless keepsake for some very lucky soul!!!

From my friend Chris Castaneda, who pulled this whole thing together so beautifully:

"4/22 after 10 pm CST. Check the Jeremy Wilson Foundation eBay Charity page. Farrar. Heidorn. Tweedy. UNCLE TUPELO."

where in the world can i get this Giveash*t beanie????????

I don't know! I want one too.

You motivated me to investigate further! From Susan Tweedy:

Hi Donna! All of the proceeds go to Streetwise Chicago! Jeff did a shirt for them this year. It's such a great organization! http://www.giveashirt.net xo

Me again: They have the hat, tons of shirts, coffee mugs, even dog bandanas!

Plus the two guys behind you were eyeing you up!

Well I look good in a bulky jacket.

Born to boogie.

Duck walk! Duck walk!

Oh sure, I could get down there, but I probably couldn't get back up without help.

This guitar is in its last auction hours. Bid now or forever hold your peace! The link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Uncle-Tupelo-Autographed-Oscar-Schmidt-OE40N-Hollow-Body-Electric-Guitar-/253580425417