Now Playing 2021

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got turned on to The Beths about a month ago.  Great band.

Genius  

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, uncool2pillow said:

There are some good songs on this, but it's so uneven it's unimaginable to me that he followed it up with New York.

I agree with you.  Following Rock and Roll Heart, Lou's put together a streak of six good to great studio albums (starting with Street Hassle and ending with New Sensations).  But he made up for the unevenness of Mistrial with New York - one of his best! 

18 hours ago, Oil Can Boyd said:

That album was my first exposure to Lou and the Velvets (at a time whenthe first three VU albums were hard to find).  When I think of "Heroin" I still think of this version.  

I pretty much wore out my vinyl copy of this one in college.

15 minutes ago, Oil Can Boyd said:

Bluemask.jpg

All of this Lou got me to put this one on.  One of my faves.  It's a shame that he and Quine couldn't get along better.  

It's a shame he and ___ couldn't get along better could be one of Lou's epitaphs.

By the way, I'm officially done with my (recent) Lou Reed immersion.  I checked out his box set from the library a few weeks ago and was able to plug some holes in my collection.