Plans for a Lazy Saturday

You know, I was just thinking about how on this day last year I was in Minnesota watching Sam Beam and Calexico share the stage and today I'm eating left over pizza for the 45th Sunday in a row 😅
We're also watching Superstore on Netflix. If you want something easy to watch that's along the lines of other NBC workplace sitcoms like Parks and Rec, I recommend it. Sometimes in COVID easy to watch is all I can handle 🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

How did the song turn out?

It was all about friends who surprise one with handmade beer glasses, and the beer within, and not feeling like doing anything harder than playing my turns on Words With Friends. A pretty amazing song, lyrically, and the soaring melody is pure magic, but since it requires the vocal range of an Yma Sumac to sing properly, we'll probably never hear it. I can't even sing it. 

9 hours ago, kidsmoke said:

It was all about friends who surprise one with handmade beer glasses, and the beer within, and not feeling like doing anything harder than playing my turns on Words With Friends. A pretty amazing song, lyrically, and the soaring melody is pure magic, but since it requires the vocal range of an Yma Sumac to sing properly, we'll probably never hear it. I can't even sing it. 

Really not what I was expecting - I had you down for some kind of blue yodel. I must have you all wrong!

My weekend was very productive.  On Friday, we had an all day fire in the fire pit I built a few weeks ago and burned a bunch of old branches the previous owner left in a big junky pile by our fence.  Then on Saturday we finished landscaping around the fire pit area with a zillion wheelbarrow loads of mini slate chips and old bricks.  Yesterday, I removed and closed up the doggie door on the door to our porch (It's actually a door for a large cat, but our dog figured out how to wiggle through it and would let herself out,  but NEVER back in, at all hours of the night).  Our dog is getting too old to squeeze through there anymore without it bothering her hips, so we decided to close it up for the benefit of all of us.

We also found time to finish watching Schitt's Creek, which was wonderful, and a mostly quite terrible episode of SNL.  

7 hours ago, chuckrh said:

With so much good new music this week (Nick Cave, Neil Young, etc) I'm chilling with a good book. I've got chemo Tuesday & it will wipe me out at least until next weekend. It's always a good plan to go into that sort of rested up.

Wishing you strength and plenty of rest before and after your chemo treatment. 

Today I did nothing. Literally nothing. Well, I showered. I just ordered Indian food for delivery tonight. I'll probably just watch TV or a movie. 

15 hours ago, Boss_Tweedy said:

Wishing you strength and plenty of rest before and after your chemo treatment. 

Today I did nothing. Literally nothing. Well, I showered. I just ordered Indian food for delivery tonight. I'll probably just watch TV or a movie. 

thanks

On 2/27/2021 at 10:16 AM, chuckrh said:

With so much good new music this week (Nick Cave, Neil Young, etc) I'm chilling with a good book. I've got chemo Tuesday & it will wipe me out at least until next weekend. It's always a good plan to go into that sort of rested up.

Hang in there chuckrh.  I rode the chemo train for 13 months back in 2006-7.  Not fun.  At all. Wishing you the best.

30 minutes ago, Chez said:

Hang in there chuckrh.  I rode the chemo train for 13 months back in 2006-7.  Not fun.  At all. Wishing you the best.

Thanks. I've been doing various cocktails for a long time now with no end in sight. Once I get the vaccine we're going to try some different things with the auxillary drugs. With the way things have turned out with the pandemic & with the unnamed aerospace giant I used to work for, I'm really glad I finally listened to the doctors & got out a year & a half ago. I don't have cancer but a really rare & aggressive version of rheumatoid arthritis like what killed Glen Frey. They use cancer drugs to try & slow the progression. Worked out for awhile but has been less so all the time. Hopefully they haven't forgot the RA research the past year!