Wilco 9/22/11 Central Park Summerstage NYC

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they really only gonna do 20 songs? And 8 of them are going to be off the new album?? Not meaning to bitch here but they've done 30+ songs almost every time I've seen them. Hopefully the sound quality is good. I've noticed by looking at the setlists from the past week or so and am shocked that they're not doing Jesus, etc. and California Stars every night lol. Maybe they'll do Kamera, Via Chicago or Spiders...that would make me happy. Driving 2+ hours from Connecticut; mostly hoping for minimal rain and a "solid sound" in spite of half their setlist being new songs...I'm a Wilco loyalist and am not (too) worried :spider2

It seems the sets have been shorter because of venue curfews...and it's not quite like the "Evening with Wilco" tour. Not sure about outdoor shows though. Either way [ahem], if/when I see them in December, I'll be happy just to have had them perform in a nearby town and to have seen it. With the way tickets disappear in pre-sales and the speed by which they're grabbed up in the on-sale, I'll be glad to have gotten to see them at all. I don't feel gypped if I get two hours with them. I love Wilco shows, whether they're 40 songs or 20 songs.

For those of you that will be home instead of being drenched in the rain, i'll be livetweeting every soaking-wet minute of BOTH nights, because tomorrow looks even worse (and by worse i mean insanely fun). Just check out @subtle_sounds tonight and tomorrow if you can't make the show!

And yes, I'm looking forward to reliving the wet memories of Solid Sound II

This is just a guess, based on other shows I've seen at the venue.

Nick Lowe comes on around 6-6:15..plays till 7-7:15, Wilco on at 7:45-8, plays till 10 or a little after. Curfew is 10:30

For those who haven't been there, the "floor"area up front is mostly concrete, so at least you won't be in the mud

Vending is marginal at best. No real bars close by. A few bars on the upper west side on the other side of the park, (Dive 75--75th/Columbus or Amsterdam Ale House-76th and Amsterdam),

then a short cab ride or bus from 72nd thru the park to 69th and 5th avenue.

Sam L.

Are they really only gonna do 20 songs? And 8 of them are going to be off the new album?? Not meaning to bitch here but they've done 30+ songs almost every time I've seen them. Hopefully the sound quality is good. I've noticed by looking at the setlists from the past week or so and am shocked that they're not doing Jesus, etc. and California Stars every night lol. Maybe they'll do Kamera, Via Chicago or Spiders...that would make me happy. Driving 2+ hours from Connecticut; mostly hoping for minimal rain and a "solid sound" in spite of half their setlist being new songs...I'm a Wilco loyalist and am not (too) worried :spider2

The new songs are the best part of the recent shows.

It seems the sets have been shorter because of venue curfews...and it's not quite like the "Evening with Wilco" tour. Not sure about outdoor shows though. Either way [ahem], if/when I see them in December, I'll be happy just to have had them perform in a nearby town and to have seen it. With the way tickets disappear in pre-sales and the speed by which they're grabbed up in the on-sale, I'll be glad to have gotten to see them at all. I don't feel gypped if I get two hours with them. I love Wilco shows, whether they're 40 songs or 20 songs.

yuppers.

Art Of Almost

I Might

Ashes Of American Flags

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

One Wing

Bull Black Nova

At Least That's What You Said

One Sunday Morning

Shouldn't Be Ashamed

Born Alone

She's A Jar

Handshake Drugs

Standing O [according to bböp]

Rising Red Lung

Impossible Germany

Dawned On Me

A Shot In The Arm

Hummingbird

---

Via Chicago

Whole Love

War On War

Jesus, Etc.

I'm The Man Who Loves You

Monday

Outtasite

Loved the show..nice mix of the new album--love it!, plus the usual "singalongs" and plenty of older gems. Was that tweedy's son dancin' on stage? And except for the lines at vending, I really enjoyed the venue tonight.

And no rain!

Back tomorrow for round 2. For those going, Wilco on about 7:50, played a little over 1.5 hours, then back for an extended encore. Total show 2-2.25 hours I'd say. 25 songs!

Sam L