Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a few audio MP3 samples from tonight:

One Sunday Morning:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O1ONQDEO

Shouldn't Be Ashamed:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0V39MJ9F

Born Alone:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=80LQUARU

What an amazing show. It was my first time at Central Park. Was worried about the weather but not a drop of rain. Walked in about 6 and stood pretty close to stage. There wasn't a lot of cell phone usage which made it that much more enjoyable. Crowd's energy was on. I had great seats in Boston but this was a better show. Jeff's kids coming out near the end was delightful. This was my 10th time seeing tweedy/wilco in 2011 and probably my last. Looking forward to reading about the rest of the tour. See you in 2012 somewhere.

What an amazing show. It was my first time at Central Park. Was worried about the weather but not a drop of rain. Walked in about 6 and stood pretty close to stage. There wasn't a lot of cell phone usage which made it that much more enjoyable. Crowd's energy was on. I had great seats in Boston but this was a better show. Jeff's kids coming out near the end was delightful. This was my 10th time seeing tweedy/wilco in 2011 and probably my last. Looking forward to reading about the rest of the tour. See you in 2012 somewhere.

Your Lucky to see them 11 times this year. I have not been to a show since March 2010. Tough when you in South Florida.

I had great seats in Boston but this was a better show.

Well, that bums me out over my morning coffee in Boston. I loved the Wang show, but I guess it goes back to my decades following the Dead, always hate to miss the better show the next night. Glad it didn't rain on all the NYC'ers. I got 4 Wilco shows in this year, from New Orleans to Solid Sound to Boston. I can't complain.

Show could not have been better. Sound was perfect. Venue very solid and comfortable, intimate. Set list terrific. Art of Almost is as good a new song as I've heard. 2-3 years from now people will be disappointed NOT to hear it. The new material is rich. Can't wait for tonight, rain or shine. Thinking there'll be some pearls to reward us for enduring the elements.

I think this may have been the best show that I've been to. The night didn't start out that way at all though. I'm not a big fan of Summerstage and all of the reasons why were present right from the start. Long lines to get in, to get a wristband, for a beer, for food, for the port-a-potty that was already out of toilet paper, etc. It made me appreciate even more, all of the details and organization that goes into making Solid Sound the great festival that it is.

It was really crowded and I started out in the back where the sound was too low and I couldn't see a thing. Wilco came on and opened with Art of Almost but I actually thought they were getting creative and singing and playing off stage and were gearing up for some surprise entrance. Then I realized that they were on stage but that I just couldn't see any of them, at all. It was horrible. People back there were disengaged and chatty and I was not happy at all. So, I ended up ditching everyone I was with and just headed up for the front on my own. By the start of the third song, I had a fantastic spot with great sound and visibility...along with great neighbors. I was set from this point on and it just got better and better.

The set list was just incredible to me. I loved it. ALTWYS always blows me away. Shouldn't Be Ashamed was so good to hear and sounded great with this lineup. She's a Jar has always been a favorite of mine and I don't ever remember hearing it live. It was so beautiful to me that I even cried a bit. I was standing along a pathway that was roped off for security and other guests to have access to the stage (which is why my sight line was so good). During that song, Jeff's wife and kids walked through headed for the stage. Little did I know the kids would be up on stage dancing around Jeff during the encore. Spencer was filming it so you will all probably see it at some point. It was really fun.

I loved hearing so many of the new songs. I was thinking about how special it was and how I wanted to soak them up now because many of them may not be played at shows very often in the future. I have been really loving One Sunday Morning and I was hoping that they would play it live but as much as I love the song, I don't think it worked so well in that outdoor setting. People got restless and there was a lot of moving about. Maybe it would go over better at an indoor venue or at a Tweedy solo show but this crowd didn't seem to be feeling it. I was really happy that they played it anyway.

As I expected, many of the new song sounded so good live and they made me like them even more, ex. Born Alone, Whole Love, Dawned on Me.

I was left feeling how incredibly special it is to see this band live. We really are lucky that they tour so much.

I don't know. This was my fourth Wilco show and easily the most ho-hum of the bunch. I wihs the band would mix up their set list from time to time. Did we really need to hear "Impossible Germany" again? Or "I'm the Man Who Loves You?" Or Outtasite?" Or "Handshake Drugs?" They have played these songs every time? Seriously, the band has a ton of songs to choose from.

Also, things really seem "choreographed" this time. From the sing along, to the extended guitar breaks in "I.G." Even Nels guitar freakouts (which were amazing as usual) seemed a bit contrived. Oh...and Tweedy didn't really seem to be enjoying himself until 3/4 of the way through the show. Kotche seemed subdued as well. And it could have been a hell of a lot louder.

That said, it was a beautiful night, nice place to see a show, tasty beer and really good food. Many of the new songs sounded great, especially the opener. Glad to hear "Bull Black Nova" again. Lots of pot smokers around too, which is nice to see, just like the last outdoor show I went to at Maine State Pier in Portland a few years back.

Outstanding mix of old and new in the setlist and crystal clear sound. And other than a few loud obnoxious drunks on the fringes to remind me I wasn't in North Adams, the performance was stellar. Getting to the venue by car, well that's another story. :dead

I thought they especially nailed Ashes, goosebumps all around for me.

Thank you Wilco, for doing what you do.

I have been really loving One Sunday Morning and I was hoping that they would play it live but as much as I love the song, I don't think it worked so well in that outdoor setting. People got restless and there was a lot of moving about. Maybe it would go over better at an indoor venue or at a Tweedy solo show but this crowd didn't seem to be feeling it. I was really happy that they played it anyway.

Totally agree with your statement. I loved the song live myself, especially the little country-rock flourishes which reminded me a little of Poco and some others from that era. I also found it very Mountain Bed-esque in style and pace but played just a little too long for that particular crowd.

It says rain or shine, but what if it is a complete downpour as they are saying it will be all night and day? I am coming from Philly and don't want to make a meaningless drive if I don't have to.

There could be a weather delay if there is thunder and lightening but otherwise we going to get soaked in all likelihood. Just have to hope that it isn't too bad and maybe there will be a break in the showers during the set.

Anyone see the new Pearl Jam movie? There's a clip of them playing release in Italy in an absolute downpour. It was beautiful. One of my all-time favorite concert moments was seeing Soul Asylum a few years ago in the rain in New Haven. 3rd song in, they went off setlist and played Rain, I Can See Clearly Now, and one more which I think was Who'll Stop the Rain. The show goes on...

I have been really loving One Sunday Morning and I was hoping that they would play it live but as much as I love the song, I don't think it worked so well in that outdoor setting. People got restless and there was a lot of moving about. Maybe it would go over better at an indoor venue or at a Tweedy solo show but this crowd didn't seem to be feeling it. I was really happy that they played it anyway.

Totally different experience with that song inside the Wang on Tuesday. We were Row A and you could hear a pin drop. Confirmed by bobhund's recording from Row L. I spoke to him specifically about how great and quiet the audience was during that song, his recording shows it. Agreed that can't wait to hear Tweedy do it solo acoustic.

Anyone see the new Pearl Jam movie? There's a clip of them playing release in Italy in an absolute downpour. It was beautiful. One of my all-time favorite concert moments was seeing Soul Asylum a few years ago in the rain in New Haven. 3rd song in, they went off setlist and played Rain, I Can See Clearly Now, and one more which I think was Who'll Stop the Rain. The show goes on...

Wilco played Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head over the sound system before they came out for the Friday night set at Solid Sound this year.

things really seem "choreographed" this time. From the sing along, to the extended guitar breaks in "I.G." Even Nels guitar freakouts (which were amazing as usual) seemed a bit contrived.

I tend to agree with this, it's all getting a bit cheesy. The way the lighting is timed and themed perfectly to each song, meh. And the way they close every show with the same boring rockers, I just don't understand. Other than that, Wilco are incredible

I could do without the Jesus, etc. sing-a-long. Once was enough on that. I also agree that I'd like to see them close out with something else. It is getting beyond predictable. The have a ton of great songs to choose from, so it would be nice to see them change that up. I kinda liked the lights though...and the band is, as you say, incredible so it's always a great show no matter.

What, no "Runaway Train?" The lyric like a madman laughing at the rain...

Tough crowd!

Wilco played Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head* over the sound system before they came out for the Friday night set at Solid Sound this year.

Springsteen Did that* Prior to Hitting the Stage at Gillette after an hr (T Storms)Delay of course we got Who will stop the rain in the set.

Loved Runaway Train btw

Good Luck NYC hope it all works out

you're right, the lights are really cool, just the obvious timed theatrics with certain moments in songs reminds me of Coldplay or something

I loved those older stripped down shows too. There was something so pure about them that made me love Wilco even more but I find myself enjoying the stage sets and lights now, however choreographed they may be. But I get why some don't dig it.

Springsteen Did that* Prior to Hitting the Stage at Gillette after an hr (T Storms)Delay of course we got Who will stop the rain in the set.

Loved Runaway Train btw

Good Luck NYC hope it all works out

Ya, springsteen always does who'll stop the rain if it's raining while he takes the stage. I yelled at Wilco to do it at Solid Sound, but no luck