• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched that again a few years back. Solid Gold.

It really is. Along with V: The Final Battle, that's one of the defining movies of my childhood. (I confess to owning both on DVD--as well as the entire weak TV series that followed--and my pleasure in watching them is totally unironic.) Even as a young kid, I recognized how the whole thing worked as an allegory for WWII, which, at the time, I thought was pretty cool.

I don't know which I hate more, "funny" Robin Williams, or "dramatic" Robin Williams. :glare

I know what you mean--for me, the nadir was What Dreams May Come--but I definitely liked his "dramatic" turns in Moscow on the Hudson and, yes, even Good Will Hunting. And I love Good Morning, Vietnam.

I don't know about you, but personally I'm dying to see this. :no

B00005B8UD.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1100857668_.jpg

I watched that again a few years back. Solid Gold.

With every post like that, you steal a little bit more of my heart. That was the made-for-TV-movie to end all made-for-TV-movies.

I don't think i've ever heard anything as wack as the three words: Mrs. Doubtfire Two. $10 it'll go into our Netflix when it comes out on DVD regardless. Ugh.

With every post like that, you steal a little bit more of my heart. That was the made-for-TV-movie to end all made-for-TV-movies.

The moment the hot chick alien ate that guinea pig was probably the single most disturbing moment of the first ten years of my life.

The moment the hot chick alien ate that guinea pig was probably the single most disturbing moment of the first ten years of my life.

True that, but the thought of the zippers on those fly red jumpsuits they were wearing being pulled down just a few more inches cancelled that out and made things even.

7000000018246.jpg

For me, it was this:

122032864_3276e964e3_m.jpg

True that, but the thought of the zippers on those fly red jumpsuits they were wearing being pulled down just a few more inches cancelled that out and made things even.

Wow, you're right, but the memory of those suits had been buried over the years by memories of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issues 1983-1986.

This is as good a place as any to showcase my beloved Being John Malkovich nesting dolls.

MALKOVICH.jpg

Holy crap, where did you score those and can I have them?

That is the most clever idea for a promo item I've seen in a long time.

I hold in my possession what I considered until today to be the best promotional item: A 13 Inch Boogie Nights Ruler. Now I need to own those damn Malkovich nesting dolls.

I don't want to get your hopes too high, but there was more than one available when I won mine. And that was only three months ago.

I hold in my possession what I considered until today to be the best promotional item: A 13 Inch Boogie Nights Ruler. Now I need to own those damn Malkovich nesting dolls.

Those are both good, but I treasure my Ed Wood box set wrapped in actual pink angora.

:blink

Are they official promos or did someone just make them on their own do you think?

Official. They came included with the videotape inside a clear plastic box.

My favorite film promo item since my GoodFellas cigar.

Although, Beltmann's angora Ed Wood sounds crazy delicious.

Those are both good, but I treasure my Ed Wood box set wrapped in actual pink angora.

Speaking of Ed Wood, I just read this on the Antiques Roadshow website yesterday while I was supposed to be working:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/roadshow/sto...mission179.html

GoodFellas cigar.

That's a good one too.

I was this close to having a Billy Madison bookbag at the annual promo giveaway at a local video store. Unfortunately the place closed down a few years ago.

I'll have to keep my eyes peeled on ebay for those nesting dolls.

This topic has got me thinking about my collecting habits and how I have never decided on a theme to collect....maybe I'll start collecting cool movie promo items.

I also love my Fargo snowglobe of the overturned car.....my old roommate's sister was the girl in the car in the movie.