Is there one show out there that is a must have?

hello, being new to wilco, i'm looking to download a live show, something that is considered essential. meaning it is a perfect combination of sound quality and performance quality. So I was wondering if there was a show out there that falls into that category. Also if you can give me a link to a site to download it from it would be greatly appreciated. I can to BT and have a dimeadozen account if that helps.

thanks in advance and I can't wait to start getting into wilco!

Edited by hwllo
hello, being new to wilco, i'm looking to download a live show, something that is considered essential. meaning it is a perfect combination of sound quality and performance quality. So I was wondering if there was a show out there that falls into that category. Also if you can give me a link to a site to download it from it would be greatly appreciated. I can to BT and have a dimeadozen account if that helps.

thanks in advance and I can't wait to start getting into wilco!

Before anyone yells at you for not searching through the archives:

http://archive.viachicago.org/index.php?sh...;hl=wilco+shows

when a topic is stuck to the top of the board for all to see, eternally.

Question for an Electric Storm: What exactly is zombo.com?

Two of my favorites are Sept 19 and 20 2003, in Chicago. The setlists are a good mix of old and new, such as Box Full of Letters up to The Late Greats, pre AGIB. Plus an interesting version of Forget the Flowers done as a "Johnny Cash - June Carter Cash" done with Carla B (Sorry, can't reference her name at the moment, was it even her?). Plus an awesome version of Mountain Bed.

7/29/2000-7/31/2000 @ the Fillmore in San Francisco, CA

any one of these three shows is amazing, and the recording quality is top notch.

:yes

i'm listening to the 2nd of these shows now....

gee, jay should keep his mouth with the harmonies during mountain bed on this one. the mix is a bit funny at times and during this song you can hear jay through one channel more than than jeff in the centre ... he's trying all sorts of tones :lol

She just doesn't mesh well with Jeff. I hate her delivery on this song.

I think she does just fine, considering this is her first and only time doing the song. hell she was using a crib sheet.

my bad, i'm new to this site and don't really know the ins and outs yet.

thanks for the link though, i really appreciate it!

its kind of sad the first thing someone finds out about the greatest bands of our time is that on one of its fan websites (which is intended to promote harmony and disscussion) they better not ask any questions for fear of a text lashing or at the very least a shameing. :ohwell

spongebob

You know, a lot of people are being helpful, not shaming, when they post a link to a duplicate thread.

Sometimes when something's been discussed quite a few times, the people who have been around awhile just don't respond, which tends to be kind of puzzling to the newbie. Posting a link to the old threads means they get an answer to their question, and at the same time a reason for why their post was met with such resounding silence.

It's not intended to be mean, it's intended to be nice. When I do it, anyway. Do tyou think it's better to just ignore the question? Nah.