The case against Sufjan Stevens

i imagine newbury comics is as good of a store as there is anywhere in the country

Newbury Comics gets like 1,000,000 cool points for putting out the "Boston Not LA" comp. And for being the only place I could find most of the records and CDs I used to buy.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or do you?

I didn't know there was going to be a quiz.

To get back on topic, I don't think I've ever listened to more than 1 minute of any Sufjan track without getting bored and moving on to something else.

I'm listening to Sufjan Stevens right now.

I hadn't listened to Sufjan in months, but this thread inspired me to give Illinois a spin this morning. Pretty sure the summer school kids thought it was weird stuff.

I hadn't listened to Sufjan in months, but this thread inspired me to give Illinois a spin this morning. Pretty sure the summer school kids thought it was weird stuff.

I left that cd in a friend's car and she told me she listened to it for about 10 minutes and thought it was weird.

i just can't get into sufjan...while i can see how many people find him talented, i find his voice incredibly annoying. it's just too wimpy and precious sounding. probably a superficial criticism, but that's how i feel...

its funny how many people are sticking up for sufjan on a wilco board when sufjan bashed on them a while back.

who gives a shit? some of my best friends shit all over wilco, does that mean I should stop hanging out with them?