What's for dinner?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume KC BBQ is wet. Is it tomato or vinegar based?

Actually it can be both. Many local competitors use rubs for brisket. Most other meats are just smoked without rubs. The BBQ sauces here are divine, and top secret.

The sauces I have tasted have both tomato and vinegar in their ingredients..

That's what I totally imagine to be an example of a random evening at the M. Chris household...maybe there's some semi-nude hedge-pruning or tantric massage/cheese & crackers, but it's all pretty much the same thing.

Uncanny...

My wife is disillusioned that we will not have to deal w/ the same dinner bartering the plasticeyekids seem to be masters of. I just grin and tell her she's on the money.

she could be right if you start off with just saying "dinner!" (when they're speaking of course) and giving them all same thing but if you try to change it later (at 7 and four years old), it's not going to happen.

they're spoiled and no supernanny going to change that. plus, all the action keeps me from smoking. :thumbup

I wasn't down with the whining "but I want ....." "but I don't like ...", etc

My response was , that's dinner if you don't want it, don't eat it. And the threat

of withheld dessert usually did the trick.

The worst story I ever heard was from my ex whose Navy dad was a clean-plate fascist. He made one of the

kids eat something that made him gag and puke. And then made him eat THAT before they

could leave the table.

:yucky