More pet peeves...

"LCD"

That is my favorite way to describe why the American Populus loves something so stupid.

Yeah, so the official word is, but his facial features make him look 50ish too. I wouldn't be all that suprised if there's a huge controversy in a year or two when it's revealed he really is old and not prematurely gray. And he'll be on the cover of People bathroom-reading-publication weeping about how he's been dying to "tell the world" and how much it "ate him up inside" and so on.

He actually is under 30. He graduated H.S. with my brother's girlfriend. The only reason I know this is my Brother's GF was bragging she was graduated in the same class as him. I responded so did 2000 other people because Hoover High is the biggest H.S. in the state. It is pretty funny everyone down here even could careless about him or had their I met Taylor Hicks once or lived in the same apartment complex as him story.

He has "LCD" syndrome? Is that like "OCD"? ;)

LCD lowest common denominator.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is my favorite way to describe why the American Populus loves something so stupid.

He actually is under 30. He graduated H.S. with my brother's girlfriend. The only reason I know this is my Brother's GF was bragging she was graduated in the same class as him. I responded so did 2000 other people because Hoover High is the biggest H.S. in the state. It is pretty funny everyone down here even could careless about him or had their I met Taylor Hicks once or lived in the same apartment complex as him story.

You don't understand. Even with that bit of information he's still the "50-year-old fugly American Idol winner" to me.

LCD lowest common denominator.

No, it's Liquid Crystal Display. Biatch.

Walking around in NYC for the last three days, where the temp is over 100 degrees, fearing another blackout like the one from a few years back, listening to the mayor beg businesses and individuals to conserve energy....

... and then walking past store after store after store with the air conditioning turned up to beyond frigid levels and the damn doors wide open letting all the cold air out.

If we have another blackout in this heat, thousands of people will die. And I will blame it on all of these stores. I suppose the flipside to this is that if there's a blackout, those stores will probably be looted so maybe what goes around comes around. :stunned

Anderson Cooper is Gloria Vanderbilt's son and formerly hosted the news each morning in the classrooms of my high school as anchor on Channel 1.
I might add, IMO, that Channel 1 was a phenomenal waste of time, constantly presented as something wrought with such excessive value we should just soak up every minute of it. It wasn't until much later in my educational career that I learned that whatever programming company was responsible for channel 1 had purchased an enormous number of tv sets for classrooms, pending that the kids were made to watch their news program each day. Now I see why it was made to be so important. Seems like a questionable practice if you ask me. Now what product should we target the kiddies to buy...

I consider Anderson Cooper a homie as his mom grew up across the street from where I grew up.

I seem to have a vague recollection of feeling as a student that ANYTHING was preferable to listening to 90 percent of the teachers I had.

When my wife gets out of bed before me, she often attempts to make the bed while I'm still in it, often waking me up due to the wrangling of pillows and sheets. What the hell is that all about?

• 4 weeks later...

people who cant go anywhere without clutching a hugearse bottle of water to their chests like they're holding their baby. its not as if they're in the desert or something. and this was during the winter. if they're thirsty, nip into the nearest pub or cup your hand under the cold water tap in the toilets and have a sip

people who cant go anywhere without clutching a hugearse bottle of water to their chests like they're holding their baby. its not as if they're in the desert or something. and this was during the winter. if they're thirsty, nip into the nearest pub or cup your hand under the cold water tap in the toilets and have a sip

Runners need their fluids, you know. If their water content drops 0.000000000000000000000000001%, they will completely phail their next race. And no, it doesn't matter that it's winter. They're just that crazy.