Junk Car Black Lung Trailer Park Camp

There wouldn't be any places to eat if there was no greasy food. Foie gras and smoking I'm all for restricting.

Future_foie_gras.JPG

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I am now operating on plan B here. Jake has had a rough time this summer at camp:

1. kicked in the face by a counselor (accident)

2. sent home with a 102 fever (negligence by camp)

3. hit in the face with a baseball bat (accident)

I am in total damage control. I never ever ever ever want him outside my presence again. Ever.

Sometimes I wonder why those dudes on Little House On The Prarie have featherd hair cuts.

That used to bug me too! :lol

(Back in the day)...

OK I am now operating on plan B here. Jake has had a rough time this summer at camp:

1. kicked in the face by a counselor (accident)

2. sent home with a 102 fever (negligence by camp)

3. hit in the face with a baseball bat (accident)

I am in total damage control. I never ever ever ever want him outside my presence again. Ever.

I don't blame ya! Hope he's okay. He'll have some stories to tell.

I always thought it was odd that people from NYC would send their kids away for the summer. Then I spent a week in NYC during the summer. I understand now.

(Back in the day)...

I don't blame ya! Hope he's okay. He'll have some stories to tell.

This last one was today. I am beside myself. On the way to the dentist, since he lost a tooth and who knows about the rest of his face

Me too. You should bust out my sister's "We come from a family of lawyers" speech. Gets results every time!

(Not true, by the way. My sister's ex-husband's sister is a lawyer, but that's about it.)

Thanks. I think he'll be OK -- he's sleeping now.

I am beginning to calm down. We are taking him out of there, and will likely not do another camp this year. It just isn't worth it.

I am not worried about getting the money back. We have a lawsuit should we care to pursue it.

It's not super complicated. The kids are out of school, the parents are working, and they want the kids to do something else besides watch The Price is Right and eat Spaghetti-Os

There's never anything wrong with The Price Is Right...except for the fat college chicks flirting with Bob Barker.

Thanks. I think he'll be OK -- he's sleeping now.

I am beginning to calm down. We are taking him out of there, and will likely not do another camp this year. It just isn't worth it.

Sarah's bad camp experience was with bunks that were sticky with sap and bad food, and she vowed never to go back. :rolleyes

Oh Edie. I can hardly imagine. Bloody hell. Poor sweet baby.

That makes me so sad. I hope Jake is OK.

Poor Jake. Hope he doesn't swear off the great outdoors for life! :ermm

I had such great hope for my son's one overnight camp experience, situated on the shores of beautiful Lake George. I would have given anything to go spend a couple weeks there, learning to sail and waterski and overnight hike in the Adirondacks. Alas, what I hoped would be two weeks of fun for him (and peace for me) became very much like dealing with his complete distaste for school. Lots of phone calls and stategerizing and intervening to accomodate him. He did stick it out for almost a week before he (and the counselors) just couldn't deal anymore. Sigh.

:cheekkiss

Im off to the Adirondacks next weekend to dogsit Sam the circus dog. I understand he's befriended all the denizens of his little town, and between swims in the Hudson, he makes daily rounds of the deli, bakery and post office where everyone keeps treats for him.

Thanks ladies.... He seems OK this am -- swollen, but OK. I talked to his pediatrician who confirmed my instinct to get him to his dentist and forego the trip to the ER for now anyway.

I wish this had been the "great outdoors", but this was the freakin' YMCA day camp. I was across the street at Target getting his school supplies having given him a chance to go with me or stay for another hour or so :hmm

We are going to try an overnight camp next year.... He is such a city kid, he really really needs it.

Send him here - I will take him to Junk Car Black Lung Trailer Park Camp.

:lol with the "field days" competition of "throwing the bus stop in the creek".

Dear Taylor Hicks -

Is Ford Motor Company phasing you out of their Opportunities ad campaign?

Watching the Mets play the Phillies on Fox television today, I heard the unmistakable blast of brass opening the commercial I've come to love, but instead of you, I saw a bunch of assholes running into trucks and going to the beach or something. They didn't even feature your voice, nevermind your American Idol championship visage.

What's going on?

- Your biggest fan.

Thanks again folks. Got back from the dentist a bit ago; no major damage (biiiig exhale) was found. His lip/mouth is pretty swollen on the left side so it is limiting the already limited number of foods he can eat. 10 days of antibiotics and some rest and he'll be as good as new.

Nothing like getting a call 30 minutes after you last see your kid and have someone tell you "he's been injured". Damn, the things that go through your head.