Now Playing. 14th August 2006.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? That must mean i'll love it. :lol

While i'm at it...you heard either the entire Roots or J. Dilla? I'm literally salavating at the mere thought of both.

new Roots, yeah, and i'm not too big on it either...

i can't say whether or not it's better than The Tipping Point or not, it might be... def not as good as Phrenology

then again i really haven't loved a FULL record of theirs all the way through since Things Fall Apart...

the last few have had a few great tracks, but on the whole :no

they, along w/ now J5, are both falling into the "must have R&B type hooks to sell records" way of thinking

i also think that the Roots have suffered tremendously live without any beatboxer anymore. both Skratch & Rhazel were a huge part of their live sound.

not familiar w/ J. Dilla at all, heard the name is all.

as for the new Cursive, i thought i'd really enjoy an album sans the Cello, but i dunno... maybe i'll give it another shot.

Really!? The tracks i've heard so far are smoking. Man, I hope it's not like the new J5...Nu Mark is fine and all, but losing Cut Chemist really watered down their sound.

If you're into sampling/beat-mining instrumental type stuff, Dilla is a legend...interesting stuff.

B000HKDEEW.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V59772447_.jpg

this is pretty fucking good so far... def think i'm gonna like it more than Picaresque at least. the 2nd track is all Yes/Prog'd out, love it, haha.

have a feeling fans of the first 2 records may be a wee bit dissapointed in some of the sounds on this record tho...

this is pretty fucking good so far... def think i'm gonna like it more than Picaresque at least. the 2nd track is all Yes/Prog'd out, love it, haha.

have a feeling fans of the first 2 records may be a wee bit dissapointed in some of the sounds on this record tho...

Its great isnt it? Kyle, have you got a full rip of it as the version ive got fucks up from tracks 8-10.

EDIT: Scrap that. Ive just found a new copy of it...

Edited by muller

yeah, i'm really stunned how great it is and how much i like it honestly... i had lost a good deal of interest in them w/ Picaresque. not that it was bad by any means, but i dunno... just didn't really do it for me like the previous 2. this one is a completely different animal altogether.

like i said, i can see it alienating some fans, but gaining tons of new ones too.

i'm actually pretty damn excited to see them in November now :)

it almost sounds like Ben Gibbard doing some backing vocals towards the middle of the last track, in the right channel. there's a girl in the left and at times a girl in the right, but the other voice def sounds like Ben some.

like i said, i can see it alienating some fans, but gaining tons of new ones too.

Well im not a huge fan of their previous stuff. Though im not THAT familiar with it. But this album is the only serious contender to knock Midlake off my favourite album of the year. Ive had it since Monday and havent really listened to anything else. Looking forward to hearing the last couple of tracks which ive just downloaded.

I dont know if its just me, but there are a few moments on the opening two tracks that remind me of Idlewild.

it almost sounds like Ben Gibbard doing some backing vocals towards the middle of the last track, in the right channel. there's a girl in the left and at times a girl in the right, but the other voice def sounds like Ben some.

Thats definately Ben Gibbard singing the backing vox. :yes Chris Walla co-produced it so all makes sense.

53.jpg

This is lovely. Thanks Richard. :cheers

Edited by muller

Playing this in full again... it IS great... I agree with the Yes bits too, but I'm all for Prog-rock :D

Those new tracks that weren't right on the first leak are great...