Now Playing. 14th August 2006.

Ditto. Picked it up tonight, eventhough it only got a 6.8 on pitchfork. I would have snatched it up it it had gotten a 7.1 or better a few weeks ago, but it was on sale, so a 6.8 was acceptable.

:lol

def a solid 7.5-8 record for me, if not higher. like poon said, nothing groundbreaking, just really haunting & gorgeous melodies, and it works really really well as a full album, which always helps for me.

funny that 2 of my fave records this year (Midlake & Tim O'Reagan) are total 70's throwbacks

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, the influences are ridiculously obvious, but it's a fun listen.

Oh yeah, but great to listen to loud, that's what I've found :D

Ditto. Picked it up tonight, eventhough it only got a 6.8 on pitchfork. I would have snatched it up it it had gotten a 7.1 or better a few weeks ago, but it was on sale, so a 6.8 was acceptable.

So me and pitchfork agree... oh dear, perhaps I AM wrong ;)

wILCO Clinton State Park 9-12-98.......nice early version of "She's a Jar"

-Robert.

Shit man I better go put that on....I just got it from you today! :thumbup Thanks again & seriously,come to Lafayette this Oct.!

Scott

Man that would be so fine.If you have a link to the Fest,shoot it to me whenever you can.

Also,congrats on the new job buddy :thumbup I know the last few months have been a bitch.