Ask Caliber why he's so anal.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear caliber -

I'm wearing a Hawaiian shirt and listening to The Decemberists at work. Ain't America great?

Your pal,

ction

I like living here.

Dear caliber -

Shouldn't ction have written "an Hawaiian shirt"?

Love,

Pete

Not unless he's Dennis Miller. "An" should be used for vowel sounds. If you pronounce the "h," it's not a vowel sound. "An honor," "a house." Again, unless you're Dennis Miller.

Dear Caliber,

____ _ _____ ___?

Love,

Bobbob

That is a hell of a thing for you to say to me.

____ ____ ____ _______.

Dear Caliber,

Was this a question?

Also, who is mister stevens?

Not that I know of, although we can't tell for certain until "Mister Stevens" tells us what, exactly, he meant by that.

Mr. Stevens is the guy who wrote songs such as "Kyrie" and "Take These Broken Wings" for the 80's rock band "Mr. Stevens." He was also my 7th grade basketball coach/P.E. teacher, who took great delight in the fact that my initials were (and are) "B.S."

Caliber,

I recently had a bowel movement that I'd really like to call stellar.

Is that a proper descriptive term?

Thanks,

- Five pounds lighter now.

Caliber,

I recently had a bowel movement that I'd really like to call stellar.

Is that a proper descriptive term?

Thanks,

- Five pounds lighter now.

If you are truly five pounds lighter, "stellar" sounds like a proper description. Nice one, Judreaux.

dear mr. c.,

what's for lunch today?

your friend,

hungry in hungrytown

I had a make-your-own-burrito thing with chicken mole, lettuce and beans, with a little sour cream, plus a side salad. It wasn't too shabby.

Dear caliber -

Brock Pytel or John Kastner?

Your pal,

ction

George Starkey.

What about the e-coli?

It was a frou-frou salad, but it had no spinach of which I was aware. I sprinkled molten lead generously over it, though, so that should have taken care of any e. coli that may have been lurking.

Should I go to the cafeteria for dinner (you never know if they're gonna have good food or not) or just go ahead and a get another cuban sandwich.

Do you ever have steak night at your dining hall? Steak night is always fun. Stay home and have a Clif bar covered with Easy Cheese.

Do you ever have steak night at your dining hall? Steak night is always fun. Stay home and have a Clif bar covered with Easy Cheese.

We do not have steak night, although once a week we'll buy burgers and have a grill-in.

I went with sausage pizza from the cafe in the building next to mine, as I was really craving a sausage pizza and they ran out of sub bread for the cuban sandwich.

This isn't a question, so I guess I'll ask one:

What is the proper amount to charge people for rides to places?

We do not have steak night, although once a week we'll buy burgers and have a grill-in.

I went with sausage pizza from the cafe in the building next to mine, as I was really craving a sausage pizza and they ran out of sub bread for the cuban sandwich.

This isn't a question, so I guess I'll ask one:

What is the proper amount to charge people for rides to places?

It's a market-driven economy, so you should charge enough to cover your operating costs, and then whatever you're comfortable with over that. Non-monetary compensation is also acceptable in most cases.

It's a market-driven economy, so you should charge enough to cover your operating costs, and then whatever you're comfortable with over that. Non-monetary compensation is also acceptable in most cases.

"Cash, grass or ass - Nobody rides for free."