Ask Caliber why he's so anal.

$.54 a mile.

That can't possibly be the government rate, and I'll answer the questions, thanks.

What is this the Ask Ction Thread LOL

Okay, Perm. :rolleyes

"Cash, grass or ass - Nobody rides for free."

Something like that. Not a question.

For this you couldn't start a new thread?

Yep.

You just moved to #1 in Laughs of the Day, 9/19/06.

Not ?.

Dear Caliber,

Why does Analogman have issues?

Sincerely,

N

I was not aware that Analogman had any children, so I can't speak to the why, except in general terms, and I really think you'd be better off sitting in on a middle school health class for that.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dear caliber,

i have a kickball game tonight, but i feel like crap and it's cold outside (and supposed to rain). i don't want to get more sick, but i don't want to let down my team (we could get disqualified if i don't play). what should i do?

love,

me

Dear Ben -

If I had a story to tell, is VC a proper forum? It's a real good one.

By all means, but make sure you start a new thread for it. Maybe two.

dear caliber,

i have a kickball game tonight, but i feel like crap and it's cold outside (and supposed to rain). i don't want to get more sick, but i don't want to let down my team (we could get disqualified if i don't play). what should i do?

love,

me

Nothing would make me happier than to tell you that you can just blow off your kickball game, but you made a commitment, and now you have to fulfill your obligations. Nothing is more important than your word, when you really get down to it. You want people to be able to count on you, don't you? Yeah, sure, it's "just" kickball, but if you start here, where does it end? You don't want to start down that slippery slope, let me tell you. Seriously.

Or you could try to bribe your way out of playing with some of that home-cooked dinner you've got coming your way.

Yes.

What is this the Ask Bobbob1313 Thread LOL
Nothing would make me happier than to tell you that you can just blow off your kickball game, but you made a commitment, and now you have to fulfill your obligations. Nothing is more important than your word, when you really get down to it. You want people to be able to count on you, don't you? Yeah, sure, it's "just" kickball, but if you start here, where does it end? You don't want to start down that slippery slope, let me tell you. Seriously.

I had just drafted a long, well thought out response when I got the call that the game has been canceled. booyah.

I had just drafted a long, well thought out response when I got the call that the game has been canceled. booyah.

That is not a question, but at least now you don't have to move to [i would say "Iowa" here, but that's where you're from, so it wouldn't work] Manitoba and change your name to Frozenchickenankle Bickerson.

Dear Caliber,

1.]Why is it that I've been on VC for about 2 and a half years now,and I feel like nobody really likes me?

2.]Why is it that certain persons who have recently joined VC act like their the shit around here?

3.]Not that I care what these invisible people think about me,but what can I do to let people know..........well,I care about you,and I have feelings also?

Edited by oceanman
Caliber -

Do you think Ringo looks a little bit like Chuck Norris in your avatar, and to that end, does Chuck ever play bass?

...and a follow-up question: Does Ringo play a roundhouse-kick drum?

Caliber -

Do you think Ringo looks a little bit like Chuck Norris in your avatar, and to that end, does Chuck ever play bass?

-OTM

I think he look more like Kris Kristofferson, or perhaps James Brolin in The Amityville Horror. Chuck does play a little bass, but not in the conventional way - he simply stares at the instrument and the strings vibrate in fear. He's pretty rockin.

Dear Caliber,

1.]Why is it that I've been on VC for about 2 and a half years now,and I feel like nobody really likes me?

2.]Why is it that certain persons who have recently joined VC act like their the shit around here?

3.]Not that I care what these invisible people think about me,but what can I do to let people know..........well,I care about you,and I have feelings also?

1.]I don't know why you've been at VC for 2 and a half years now,if you feel like nobody really likes you.Perhaps you are just some kind of masochist.

2.]You'll have to be more specific about who thinks their the shit.

3.]I think Yahoo does e-cards.

hahahah awesome.

Thanks.

...and a follow-up question: Does Ringo play a roundhouse-kick drum?

Yes - he employed it to great effect on "Why Don't We Just Do It in the Road."

Ok, Aman.

I think you're confused. I'm caliber.

I was not aware that Analogman had any children, so I can't speak to the why, except in general terms, and I really think you'd be better off sitting in on a middle school health class for that.

Isn't the plural of "issue" "issue"--in the context to which you just made reference?

Isn't the plural of "issue" "issue"--in the context to which you just made reference?

You are a worthy adversary. Well done.

dear calispell,

is it 'BAFFONERY' or BAFFOONERY'?

signed,

spelling challenged

"B-U-F-F-O-O-N-E-R-Y"

Dear caliber -

Who do you think won at Golden Tee today - me or Wookies?

Your pal,

ction

You played Silver Strike, didn't you?

dear caliber, what happens when the one who answers questions asks one himself? Does it create a rift in the universe or what?

That was more of an "Aha, I caught you trying to pull a fast one, but I'm smarter than that" rhetorical-type question than an actual interrogative.

As far as I know, business carries on as usual in any case.

Caliber,

Hypothetically speaking of course; say a person is their car at a crosswalk waiting for some pedestrians to cross, the light is green for the person to advance, and some hoe-bag in a beat up old Ford Explorer lays on her horn displaying her displeasure at being held up. Is it wrong that this persons first impulse is to jump out of their car, walk back to the SUV and smash this person in the face multiple times until blood spurts from their nose like a scene from Kill Bill Part 1?