Ask Caliber why he's so anal.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear caliber,

Over the weekend I bought a beautiful vintage wool Dior riding jacket. The problem is, it has shoulder pads. I have wide shoulders as it is, and consider shoulder pads overkill. I cut them out of all of my clothing, even during the 80s. What with 80s fashion coming back in style, should I cut them out of my new jacket as well?

Still debating,

Fashion-sense bereft in the midwest

Dear caliber -

Why do you hate asian babies so much?

Your pal,

ction

They killed Christ. Isn't that enough?

Dear caliber,

Over the weekend I bought a beautiful vintage wool Dior riding jacket. The problem is, it has shoulder pads. I have wide shoulders as it is, and consider shoulder pads overkill. I cut them out of all of my clothing, even during the 80s. What with 80s fashion coming back in style, should I cut them out of my new jacket as well?

Still debating,

Fashion-sense bereft in the midwest

There is no way to answer this question without an obligatory request for pics "for evaluation purposes only."

Dear caliber,

Were you as surprised as I was to discover that ction is such a yardwork nerd?

I was, mainly because his yard is approximately the size of this post editing box.

calibuy,

why can't I stop spending money on clothes?

clothing addict,

spender

I would refer this question to my colleague Dr. Judy "Dreamin" Freud, who can probably do a better job. She's a chick, though, so you probably shouldn't trust her.

It would be difficult to convince me that activities like shopping are as addictive as heroin, cocaine and other drugs are, although I certainly agree that they can be habit-forming.

Dear caliber -

Did you miss the memo (like the Pope)? I have moved, and now have a much bigger yard.

I even have a pet weed that's almost 8 feet tall.

Your pal,

ction

Yeah, I forgot about that.

Dear caliber,

Does it seem like ction just doesn't really get the whole point behind the federal witness protection program?

He invented the rotary engine, so that's something.

Dear caliber -

Did you miss the memo (like the Pope)? I have moved, and now have a much bigger yard.

I even have a pet weed that's almost 8 feet tall.

Your pal,

ction

I don't recall suggesting that you round up

I do.

9686571.jpg

hey hey hey, step off, earth mama. There's only room in his life for one old lady with environmental leanings and a history of strange behavior and affinity for bugs and frogs, and that's ME.

:lol

Actually I was hoping you might weigh in on the shoulder pad question.

I do.

9686571.jpg

Reverse cowgirl pics?

hey hey hey, step off, earth mama. There's only room in his life for one old lady with environmental leanings and a history of strange behavior and affinity for bugs and frogs, and that's ME.

:lol

Actually I was hoping you might weigh in on the shoulder pad question.

well, since you made a special request, i say get rid of the shoulder pads as long as the construction of the jacket isn't damaged in the process.

It's sweet that you guys are fighting over me (and by sweet I mean hotter than pistols), but I'll answer the questions around here.

c66 -

who are the new admins, and why wasn't I consider for the position?

thanks

nolan ryan's cheese fries

Ben,

what s your favorite drunk food?

sincerely,

B1g pownermed

Caliber -

How much can you bench press?

Yours,

Scotland Yard

Caliber -

Yours,

Scotland Yard

c66 -

who are the new admins, and why wasn't I consider for the position?

thanks

nolan ryan's cheese fries

I understand IRememberDBoon and jc4prez have signed on the run the board (into the ground). You're simply far to valuable as the board's conscience to be wasted as a mod. Jorge Fabregas's latest bid to become our Greek has ended in failure, and he has been designated our Armenian instead. Better luck next time, Graham, but at least you're not a filthy Uzbek.

Ben,

what s your favorite drunk food?

sincerely,

B1g pownermed

Though I haven't had one in quite a long time, my favorite drunk food in college was the Gusburger (from the White Spot, a Charlottesville icon), which was a cheeseburger with a fried egg on top, with LTM onions, mustard, ketchup and relish. On more than one occasion, I "enjoyed" a Double Motorburger, which was a quadruple Gus with a slice of ham. I don't eat that stuff anymore, and the White Spot burned down (and I don't know whether or not it reopened), so lately I eat Honey Nut Cheerios when I'm drinking.

Caliber -

Yours,

Scotland Yard

Close to 400, 425 on a good day.

Caliber -

Yours,

Scotland Yard

Probably not more than 150.

Dear caliber -

What is wrong with Perm?

ction

Mind your damn bidness, Huffhines.

Mr. Caliber,

How's married life treating you?

Any little-un's on the way?

- an inquiring mind.

Is it bad that I'm skipping a class to talk about the Flaming Lips and drink soda? (background info on class: It is Finite Math, the teacher doesn't take attendance, and she just reads from the book).

My first semester, I skipped Astronomy 101 approximately 80% of the time and got an A-. My third semester, I attended only the midterm and final of How Things Work (Physics for Nonmajors) and got a B. Both classes were total guts and were pretty much entirely book-based. If you're not going to lose any insight by not going to class, you don't need to go. It's a good idea to go as often as you can stand it, though. (Full disclosure: as you may know, the "66" refers to the 0.66 GPA I got one semester, which was completely due to the fact that I never went to class.)

Mr. Caliber,

How's married life treating you?

Any little-un's on the way?

- an inquiring mind.

Married life is treating me quite well. No kids currently planned, to my knowledge.

shoulder pads are sooooo 80's.
well, since you made a special request, i say get rid of the shoulder pads as long as the construction of the jacket isn't damaged in the process.

The shoulder pads have been safely extracted and the lining resown as if it had never been breached. No construction was damaged in the process, and it looks better than ever. :thumbup