Yo La Tengo's new one

This is my first YLT album (I bought it on a whim) and while they didn't beat my ass, this album definitely kicks some serious ass. What a great record from the Spiders-esque first track all the way through Beatle-esque pop tunes and punkish rockers.

This is most likely gonna end up a top 5 album for me this year.

I am enjoying this one quite a bit as well. I actually liked Summer Sun a lot, making me one of the six people that dug it, but this one feels like classic Yo La Tengo, all over the place and a great mix of noise freak outs and pop songs. It just doesn't get much better then Mr. Tough.

--Mike

I am enjoying this one quite a bit as well. I actually liked Summer Sun a lot, making me one of the six people that dug it, but this one feels like classic Yo La Tengo, all over the place and a great mix of noise freak outs and pop songs. It just doesn't get much better then Mr. Tough.

--Mike

I love Summer Sun. That record made me go from kinda liking YLT to absolutely loving them. The new album is better though. I am liking it more than all their albums right now.

I am enjoying this one quite a bit as well. I actually liked Summer Sun a lot, making me one of the six people that dug it

I like Summer Sun quite a bit. Yeah, there are some tracks I'm not too fond of, but as a whole I think it is underrated.

really good record.

not up there w/ my fave YLT albums really, but as stated above, definitely WAY better than Summer Sun

I really like it a lot. The only issue I have with it is that Yo La has been around so long, this disc sort of feels like, "been there done that". I'm trying not to think about it when I listen to it but at least with Summer Sun, it didn't sound like any of their previous material. This disc sounds like everything they do great thrown into a pot.

actually i kinda agree w/ that comment some... it does sound like a mixture of their older stuff rolled into one record at times.

They have like 12 records and a career going back 20 years, with songs spanning a dozen or two musical genres. Your comment doesn't tell me very much, is all I'm saying. :thumbup

They have like 12 records and a career going back 20 years, with songs spanning a dozen or two musical genres. Your comment doesn't tell me very much, is all I'm saying. :thumbup

all i'm saying (and i'm guessing the above commenter), is this record sorta sounds like it could be a greatest hits in terms of the styles they've covered over the years, that's all. it's not a diss on the album, just an observation. i'm quite aware of their lengthy catalog :cheers