Jock or Spazz  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you fall?

• Multi-millionaire pro athlete
    • Hanging-on-by-the-fingernails pro athlete
    • NCAa Div. I college athlete
    • small school college athlete
    • High school BMOC (dated cheerleader)
    • High school varsity in a real sports (track, baseball, hoops, softball, football)
    • High school varsity in a country club sport (swimming, golf, tennis)
    • High school JV (fantasized about cheerleader)
    • Too uncoordinated to successfully fantasize about cheerleader

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I painted "Jocks suck" on the high school football field press box the night before Homecoming. Where do you fucking think I fall in?

:yawn

I hung with the doobie wieght lift crowd.....

I didn't vote..there was no 'ganja creep who made $$$ off of the cheerleader/BMOC crowd' option :D

Dude, that was you?

Don't get me started on what giant fucking assholes a certain portion of the athletes at my high school were.

i don't think i fall in any of those... i played four varsity sports in high school (football, basketball, golf, and baseball) but i also did drama and speech and debate and i didn't hang out with people in any of those cliques.

excuse me, have you ever actually swum competitively? it's way more of a real sport than f-ing softball.

shit is hard.

Not to toot my own horn, but since you asked: 100 butterfly, second place in south jersey high school championships, 1978 (damn, I was winning til the last 10 yards. I know, move on. Went to state, don't really wanna say how that went). I still hit the rec center pool and do a bunch of 50 flys - a great workout.

And the softball thing, you're right. I was just trying to keep the chicks off my back.

other than working out my biceps with a pint glass in one hand and a cigarette in the other, i'm a lazy bastard

What about the national sport?

Cricketing authorities in Australia have announced a new zero-tolerance policy towards racism in the stands. They have threatened offenders with lifetime bans from their grounds.

But Cricket Australia has said that the term "pom" can still be used against the English, who arrive in Australia to defend the Ashes in November.

Like cricket itself, "pom bashing" is something of a national sport - performed with particularly vehement enthusiasm when the Ashes are at stake.

In formulating its new zero-tolerance policy towards racism, Cricket Australia consulted no less a body than the country's Human Rights and Equal Opportunities Commission.

But after careful consideration, the commission ruled that the word "pom" - a term thought by many to have originated from the phrase "prisoner of his majesty" - was still permissible.

The body did, however, make a fine linguistic distinction, noting that pom was not hurtful when used in isolation, but possibly racist and humiliating when uttered in conjunction with other coarse language.

Asked whether fans would be evicted for using such insulting combinations, Cricket Australia offered a stout forward defensive, suggesting the question was merely hypothetical.

Can a Welshman be a pom?

When I'm in full on rugby mode, just the word "English" is enough of an insult. Heard last November in the stands:

"Is the ref English?"

"No, he's South African"

"Well he's acting like a f__king Englishman!"

speaking of sporting bans in Australia, my friend who is studying abroad there claimed he was at an Australian Football game, and tried to start the wave (or the "Mexican wave" as they call it there). Long story short, he was kicked out and given a police citation, because the wave is not allowed as it causes people to knock stuff over or something...

speaking of sporting bans in Australia, my friend who is studying abroad there claimed he was at an Australian Football game, and tried to start the wave (or the "Mexican wave" as they call it there). Long story short, he was kicked out and given a police citation, because the wave is not allowed as it causes people to knock stuff over or something...

It would be an insult to the sport? Any event has to be pretty dull that you have to resort to a Mexican Wave (called that here too - probably because it was first widely seen at the Mexico World Cup in 84?). I'd say generally you wouldn't want to knock over an Aussie Rules fan's pint. Never seen one at a rugby match either.

I was an athlete as a yout -- homerun champ of my softball league two years running(my glory days ended when I was about 12), basketball (which I despised and still do), soccer (too much running), swimming (backstroke). None of these were school activities however -- I had no love for the jock/cheerleader crowd.

I never lasted more than 5 yds doing butterfly. :worship

Now I have returned to my natural spastic state.