Stephen Colbert has America by the ballots

Link to article. There's a funny "How to Win by Stephen Colbert" feature at the very end -- advice addressed to both Democrats and Republicans -- but I couldn't figure out how to replicate it here (it's a table).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Stephen Colbert Has America by the Ballots

The former Jon Stewart prot

Great article. Thanks for the link...

Issue:

Firing Up the Base

Advice to Democrats:

Get Clintons on TV as much as possible.

Advice to Republicans:

Get Clintons on TV as much as possible.

Issue:

Illegal Immigration

Advice to Democrats:

I have come to the realization that The Colbert Report is way better than the Daily Show now. Stewart is still great, but that show relies on the correspondents, and all the good correspondents are gone. Honestly, is there anyone anywhere that thinks that Samantha Bee is funny?

Not to hijack the thread, but as far as Daily Show correspondents go:

Colbert > Cordry > Carrell > Helms > everyone else > Samantha Bee

Actually, I think my favorite part of the Daily Show is when it's Stewart picking apart whatever insane clips the political system and/or the media who covered them come up each day.

That said, I think the colbert show has really come into it's own and I dig it just as much as the Daily Show.

I have come to the realization that The Colbert Report is way better than the Daily Show now. Stewart is still great, but that show relies on the correspondents, and all the good correspondents are gone. Honestly, is there anyone anywhere that thinks that Samantha Bee is funny?

Not to hijack the thread, but as far as Daily Show correspondents go:

Colbert > Cordry > Carrell > Helms > everyone else > Samantha Bee

While I agree that she may be weak by comparison to some of the others, I've seen some pretty good Bee segments over the years. I also think some of the new correspondents have done some impressive work. Their contributions simply add to Stewart's talents for juxtaposition and the "news."

I think both shows are worthy in their own ways, and Colbert has accomplished one of the more difficult feats in television--a successful spin-off (using it in the broadest sense of the term).

Great article. Worth the read.

I agree S. Bee is not funny. Rob Corddry was probably my favorite "Senior Correspondent" after Colbert left. Remember when he went down on his knees in front of the security guard at that convention, saying "OK, I know the drill." Jason Jones is lately turning into the "do anything for the bit" guy.

Great article. Worth the read.

I agree S. Bee is not funny. Rob Corddry was probably my favorite "Senior Correspondent" after Colbert left. Remember when he went down on his knees in front of the security guard at that convention, saying "OK, I know the drill." Jason Jones is lately turning into the "do anything for the bit" guy.

Funny, that's what I thought about Corddry when he walked down a street dressed as hitler. Though still he was my favorite too.

TDS has been struggling of late but I have to say Jason Jones has had some pretty nice clips. "You Jackin It" was a pretty nice piece. Dan Backadahl hasn't been bad as well. But the other new characters... I really don't get the humor.

Sooner or later Stewart will have a new crew.

Great read thanks. I was thrilled to see Randy Newman on Colbert last night :w00t. And when he played "Political Science" I managed to make a total fool out myself by singing along. As far as the Daily Show is concerned Samantha Bee has taken me awhile to warm up too, but she has had her moments over the past year or so. I love John Hodgeman's contributions to it, they are always top notch. While losing Colbert, Cordry, Carrell, and Ed Harris certainly hasn't helped they've brought in some solid replacements. John Oliver is great, and Rob Riggle (also known as Clell Tickle's henchmen Hambone, the child arsonist) is quite funny. Jason Jones seems to be stepping to the plate as the best correspodent on the show.

--Mike

I think the colbert show has really come into it's own and I dig it just as much as the Daily Show.

I agree.It may be about the best thing on TV right now.

Although I'm sure it's been discussed here before,my little brother got me the book "America,the Book" with all the Daily Show peeps in it a couple of years ago for Xmas.One of the funniest books I've read in years.

Demetri Martin is touring to promote his new CD. After he's done with that, I'm guessing that Trendspotting will be back.

John Oliver, and the other British guy who does Poll Smoking are okay. Not great, but good enough to hold them over for a while. Demetri Martin and John Hodgman are by far the best ones now though, and they're both on only rarely.

Jason Jones seems to be stepping to the plate as the best correspodent on the show.

Jones' "You Jackin' It?" was insane funny, and not just 'cause I'm in Cleveland (which, I admit, is a bit of a punchline in itself). As far which show is better, that's kinda like comparing the Three Stooges and the Marx Bros. - both hilarious in their own way. Stewart is more mock-serious, while Colbert is more straight satire. Stewart's takes on Chaney shooting a lawyer and the Foley story were Python-worthy.

And is there anything more obnoxious than someone going on and on about what's funny, who's funnier and why something's funny?

steveallen.jpg