We're in the middle of season 4 (don't worry, no spoilers), and I have to say I like it better than season 3. I tell you this just on the off chance that you dislike season 3 once you see it-- I don't want you to despair.

Seasons 1 & 2 remain some of the best drama ever to grace a television screen.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theprestige_bigreleaseposter.jpg

i just watched this and enjoyed it very much. very interesting and thought that both wolverine and batman gave really good performances.

Went to see this last night - was really impressed with it. Quality piece of cinema, nice twists, very well made and some great acting.

one of my favourite TV shows of all time. Careful Rich, you WILL get sucked in and be in a marathon session before you know it. Wish they'd hurry up and release Season 3 over here, it was supposed to come out in September but disappeared from Amazon et al.

We're in the middle of season 4 (don't worry, no spoilers), and I have to say I like it better than season 3. I tell you this just on the off chance that you dislike season 3 once you see it-- I don't want you to despair.

Seasons 1 & 2 remain some of the best drama ever to grace a television screen.

Cheers for the heads up on that - haven't had a chance to watch any more, but that's all I've got pencilled in for this evening when I get back from work :D

i finally got the digital cable, so i'll be surfing the gazillions of channels that have nothing on i'll probably want to watch.

however, the on demand thing is great...I watched an episode of Tom Goes to the Mayor, The Pixies from the Newport Folk festival, videos from cut chemist and Oasis and an entire episode of NWA World Championship Wrestling from 1984. a lot of free movies too...including 'Private Resort' featruing Johnny Depp and

NSFW

Leslie Easterbrook.

I guess this is sort of now waiting for

Not since "Breaking Away" (1979) has there been a true bike-racing film to hit the big screen - unless we include the animated "Les Triplettes de Belleville" (2003). The long wait maybe worthwhile because Variety magazine announced Wednesday that MGM has bought worldwide distribution rights to the Graeme Obree biopic "The Flying Scotsman." It will debut at U.S. theatres on December 29.

11207.16844.t.jpgMiller as Obree

The new movie is based on the autobiography of Obree, the eccentric Scottish amateur cyclist who astounded the cycling world in 1993 by breaking Francesco Moser's world hour record. Obree cooperated fully in the making of the film, and he even acts as a stand-in for himself in some of the racing scenes for lead actor Jonny Lee Miller. Miller, the star of cult movie "Trainspotting" (1996), was married to Angelina Jolie for four years after they both starred in "Hackers" (1995).

"The Flying Scotsman," which is directed by British television director Douglas Mackinnon, had its premiere earlier this year at Scotland's famed Edinburgh Festival, and it was sold to MGM at last week's American Film Market. It was filmed on location in Scotland and Germany. Beside Miller playing the lead, Obree's wife is played by Laura Fraser, the star of 2003's "Coney Island Baby."

Reviewing "The Flying Scotsman," Screen Daily wrote, "[it is a] solidly crafted, carefully balanced biographical heart warmer. The movie was plugged by ContentFilm as "a truly inspiring story about one man's extraordinary triumph over adversity. [it] is

I'm still plouging through The Wire - Season One - what a great show that is... but, one question, is that Steve Earle in it playing the recovering junkie??

I have never seen the show or wanted to, but I do happen to know that yes, that is Steve Earle.

• 1 month later...