Blue "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot"?

I seem to recall seeing "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" also released in blue-tint background instead of the regular yellow-ish/tan-ish back ground. Same cover with the buildings--just a different, colored background tint: blue.

Anybody have one of these?

Is there a story behind it---or was this just a limited run (for whatever reason)?

Thanks.

There is also a white one.

i thought so. i may have that one too... i know i have three or four copies of the album, but i am completely colorblind so i thought i may have been been thinking the blue and white one were one and the same

My version has a blue cardboard outer cover and then the main slipcase art is cream. I remember that, on the other versions, if the outer cardboard was cream then the inside art was blue - never seen the white one so who knows what craziness that hides behind it.

I hate cardboard outercases, by the way. Nearly as much as I hate the see-through cd holders - they just look bad to me (even with some kind of picture behind them), don't know quite why.

My version has a blue cardboard outer cover and then the main slipcase art is cream. I remember that, on the other versions, if the outer cardboard was cream then the inside art was blue - never seen the white one so who knows what craziness that hides behind it.

I hate cardboard outercases, by the way. Nearly as much as I hate the see-through cd holders - they just look bad to me (even with some kind of picture behind them), don't know quite why.

me too

I think I know why slipcases are used. Look on a normal CD without a slipcase. On the back, you have a barcode and a bunch of "fine print", legal stuff. If you use a slipcase, you can put the barcode and fine print, legal text on the slipcase and have a nice clean back for the actuall CD. I think it lets the artist have album art they really want.

I think I know why slipcases are used. Look on a normal CD without a slipcase. On the back, you have a barcode and a bunch of "fine print", legal stuff. If you use a slipcase, you can put the barcode and fine print, legal text on the slipcase and have a nice clean back for the actuall CD. I think it lets the artist have album art they really want.

Also - to protect cd cases not in plastic cases.

My girlfriend bought me a blue copy after I already had the cream-colored one. I still have it unwrapped too. I'm not sure if it'll ever be worth anything (as the only ones now are cream-colored) but I'm keeping it unwrapped until the cream-colored copy is destroyed.

i think you should have left it wrapped, not unwrapped.