Now Playing for January 2007

^I've only heard it once so havent really formed an opinion yet. But I thought the production was outstanding - I love how they get that real "old" sound.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I've only heard it once so havent really formed an opinion yet. But I thought the production was outstanding - I love how they get that real "old" sound.

Yeah, it is very vintage sounding. I think that the actual songs are very strong this time too, on the last album they seemed to be a bit too throw-away a lot of the time, and on the one before that they seemed to be a bit too serious - this album is somewhere inbetween the two.

I really like it (The Bees that is!) it still keeps that retro tilt and sounds like it was recorded back in '66 but there's a few more sonic experiments going on in the back ground. Definitely not as overtly pop-tinged as their previous album, it's a little more laid back, but not in a bad way...

Great live band as well.

That Bees records sounds fantastic. When is it coming out?

I'm still sorta bummed that my copy of 'Free the bees' is copy protected.

NP - Centro-matic - Fort Recovery. Just saw a myspace vid for 'Call the Legion In Tonight'. wow.

Is that the new Idlewild album?!?! Corrr.... I didn't know it had leaked if it is...

leaked yesterday, previously only a 5 song sampler had leaked.

besides 1-2 tracks it's fantastic. i'm a fanboy, so i even liked the last one (as mellow as it was), but this is already better than that one. can't say it's up there w/ 100 Broken (nothing they do will likely ever top that) or Remote Part though, but i'm pretty happy with it :rock

they're such a wicked live band

leaked yesterday, previously only a 5 song sampler had leaked.

besides 1-2 tracks it's fantastic. i'm a fanboy, so i even liked the last one (as mellow as it was), but this is already better than that one. can't say it's up there w/ 100 Broken (nothing they do will likely ever top that) or Remote Part though, but i'm pretty happy with it :rock

they're such a wicked live band

Ditto - I'm a bit of a fanboy too... Can't wait to get home to give it a listen, that's for sure :thumbup