Now Playing for January 2007

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hotel%20Radio.jpg

thanks to muller's honorable mentions... :music

I was looking at that one today it got a good review in the Big Takeover and the name intrigued me as I am a huge Nick Drake junkie. What do you think of it? Is it going to get realeased in the states soon?

--Mike

I was looking at that one today it got a good review in the Big Takeover and the name intrigued me as I am a huge Nick Drake junkie. What do you think of it? Is it going to get realeased in the states soon?

--Mike

Fire In The Sky was one of my favourite songs of 2006. It is a really good album. If you like Teenage Fanclub and Big Star youre sure to like it. I upped the torrent on Oink a while back, im sure its still on there.

They recorded it around the same time as Golden Smog recorded their last album at the same studio. Gary Louris even pops up on one track...

Speaking of great indie-pop:

B000LP6KOO.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V48442975_.jpg

50509541135.jpg

i am loving this...

i first heard him at an in-store i went to randomly (Pete Yorn was the main draw, feh, left bout 3 songs into his set), but David totally blew me away. i knew he was opening for Gomez the week after that here, and i had some shopping to do on a Saturday so i figured i'd just stop in for the in-store, holy fuck :blink

watch this version of State of the Nation, one take, all David:

http://exodus.interoutemediaservices.com/?...delivery=stream

i've seen lots of people do the looping thing, but he's up there with the best of them

the link is not working... :no

gomez played in boulder last may (i think) and i, being the procrastinator that i am, waited until the week of the show to get a ticket - only to find it was sold out. it's funny, i remember my friend leah told me the opener was amazing and used a loop machine. she may have even told me his name, but i only checked out david's album a couple of weeks ago.

slowly putting two and two together (:lol) now i'm really bummed that i missed the show...