I've got a ridiculous and very dated t-shirt from 1995 that I found in the back of my dresser when I was looking for a different very dated t-shirt. I think we'll have to refer to what I'm wearing as more of a 90s gesture than a 90s costume.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I remember from the 90s is bangs... my huge, unfortunate bangs.

Do I need to cut my hair for this?!?

In case anyone's wondering, I'm thinking: no. Although I may see what I can do with hot rollers and a jumbo-sized can of AquaNet.

I think the theme of my costume is going to be something like "The entire decade of the 1990s crashed into me." Like the Dave Matthews Band song. Also from the 90s. I have the questionable advantage of living a couple of hours from the house where I grew up, where my parents still live ... and all of my old crap is still there. It's slightly challenging since I was ten years old in 1990, but some hair accessories still totally work. Heh heh. Also, I have 90s party favors for exactly nine people!

I do remember the overalls with one strap off, something I didn't do because by the 90s I gave up overalls, since those were my favorite clothes during the 70s, with both straps on.

LouieB

Lou, I think you were wearing overalls at the Two Cow show a few weeks ago?

Thanks for the bump. Yes, the party is Friday, 10 pm is just a guideline, the Zaireeka dinner eating will start early.

Strangely the only fashion statement I can think of from the 90s were the barely visible 2 day growth goatees that some guys used to sport (such as Kurt himself.) Considering I have sported a full few week length beard for years, I am not planning on shaving just to get that look.

LouieB

i would just like to state, for the record, that my mother can tell stories about how terrified i was when my father shaved off his beard.

i was too young for such a drastic change. it was traumatic.

Abby and I really did " Nothin' But a G Thang" in front of the whole basement, huh?

oh yeah, you did.

This is true, but both straps were on.....

Fun fun fun....and a bit hung over....

Thanks everyone.

LouieB

thanks for the ride :cheers