Now playing February 2007

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B000MDH8D2.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V47244450_.jpg

:music

edit: holy fuck Nels guitar work on Headed For A Fall = :omg, combine that with Jim James, Neko, & Matt singing? :blink

Dang it - I bought that at the M Ward solo show in Chicago. It was the last copy they had with 'em, taped to the swag table and everything! :lol ... but I haven't listened yet! I wasn't aware Nels :w00t was on it, or I would have popped it in my car CD player on the way home!

B0007QCHOE.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

This is the only album from these guys ive actually heard. Can anyone recommend where to go next?

I love that album. "Your Favorite Music" would be the next stop in my opinion. Generally, I like just about everything that they have put out. Eef Barzelay also has a solo album which is decent. I don't like it near as much as the Clem Snide releases though.

King Crimson--Hyde Park, London 7/5/69

Opening act for the Stones' Brian Jones Tribute show

I really like the Deerhunter album... not sure how to describe it, but it reminded me a little of LCD Soundsystem, but also boarders on ambient type stuff with hints of Brian Eno.

For me this morning

B000M345AQ.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V46302218_.jpg

Got my official promo through yesterday :rock

B000LRY9K4.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V34329166_.jpg

One last chance...

Im looking forward to reading youre review on this. Secretly I think you love it. :monkey

N.P:

b89e451a4de8401c978e76b1e6ae22b2.jpg

i33779cxuox.jpg

fuck me. Turns out I've actually seen then in concert, opening for Hayden a couple years ago. I think I sorta noted a Jeff Mangum type sound, but didn't really pay attention. Stupid me. But then again they didn't have horns with them and I love horns with indie music.

wasn't hayden intitially involved with rock plaza central? i thought i just read that on AMG

Sorry, do not know. I was totally ignorant of their existence til' a November blow-job review both the Globe and Mail and Exclaim. Even then, I waited until the blog-hype kicked in to start paying attention.