Grammy's 2007....

Okay - I got sucked in.

highlights so far...

*lifetime achievement for The Grateful Dead (too bad only Billy & Mickey showed up)

*tribute to Bob Wills (house band of Cain's Ballroom)

*Dixie Chicks mocking Nashville and the pop country music scene

*performances Shakira & Wyclef / Knarles Barkley / Mary J (that is my dose of pop music for the year)

lowlights....

*Rascal Flats .... are these the same guys from 'Queer Eye for the Straight Guy' - if so the TV show is better

*Justin Timberlake - when is his 15 minutes up? soon...please

*The Police - for all the hype, I was just not that moved

*John Mayer - the human face contortionist (a blues guitarist from Fairfield County in CT - he had it rough)

Okay - I got sucked in.

highlights so far...

*lifetime achievement for The Grateful Dead (too bad only Billy & Mickey showed up)

*tribute to Bob Wills (house band of Cain's Ballroom)

*Dixie Chicks mocking Nashville and the pop country music scene

*performances Shakira & Wyclef / Knarles Barkley / Mary J (that is my dose of pop music for the year)

lowlights....

*Rascal Flats .... are these the same guys from 'Queer Eye for the Straight Guy' - if so the TV show is better

*Justin Timberlake - when is his 15 minutes up? soon...please

*The Police - for all the hype, I was just not that moved

*John Mayer - the human face contortionist (a blues guitarist from Fairfield County in CT - he had it rough)

I don't bother with the Grammy's anymore. The only awards that really mean something are the pre-show ones.

Why waste time to see who wins an award between FERGIE, Gwen Stefani, Ray J , and whoever.. Ugh.?

John was/is apparently a wierd nomad who continually asked my good friends daughter out on a regular basis. She declined, but kept in touch with him, and through their relationship John almost came to our HS to talk in audio classes. That's about it.

The Police's performance was pretty average i must add.

but Copeland still owned and looks fantastic. Summers has put on some pounds.

I agree....

Sting should go back to having sex

Summers should try Trimspa or at least a salad every once in a while

and Copeland still kicks serious ass

John Mayer sucks. He is just as bad as Eric Clapton at selling his soul and creating bad mainstream "blues" music. My advice let his life be focused on dating Jessica Simpson so he does not have to make horrible records.

I'm sober, but I'll back up my buddy down the block: JT rules.

I'm a man*, but I'll back you both up. My wife loves JT. His cds are the only ones she owns that I can even stomach. The guy seems pretty genuine and you can tell he loves what he does.

* however I do wear Crew Pomade.

My thoughts...

Justin Timberlake's handheld camera - pointless but creepy

Mary J. Blige's acceptance speeches - despicable

The Police - exactly what should have been reasonably expected by all of us

Gnarles Barkley - THIS is what all the hype is about? yuck!

Fergie - either learn to read, or memorize your three sentences about Booker T. and the MGs. Anyone with the slightest familiarity with them could have ad libbed a short bio and done a better job.

The Doors - lifetime achievement award for a band that existed for 6 years?

I quit watching after this. Did Mastadon win? I used to work with one of their guitarists.

The folks at Archeophone records actually got a Grammy for Lost Sounds, a CD set I have been plugging for a few months. Pretty sweet for a two person operation.

Why all the time for the Eagles tribute? I am not an Eagles hater, but it was pretty long.

Meanwhile Gnarls Barkley slowed down Crazy so it lasted half the night.

LouieB

Justin Timberlake's handheld camera - pointless but creepy

Yeah, that was way too extreme of a closeup. Regardless of what the average thirteen-year-old girl thinks, that dude is ugly.

Gnarles Barkley - THIS is what all the hype is about? yuck!

I kind of dug it, but the military drumming got old pretty quickly and I kept waiting for them to kick in to the usual tempo, which would have been an improvement.

Didn't watch any of this. My wife was pretty pleased about the Dixie Chicks--she's a big fan. I thought their record was pleasant and listenable (particularly that one song that Gary Louris wrote), but a little on the bland side. Decent, but not a record that screams "OMG, best album evar!", unless you take into consideration the circumstances surrounding it. I dunno if that makes it a justifiably great album or if it is overcompensation. In any case it probably balances out. Prediction: Country Music Awards won by this album = -5 :lol