Grammy's 2007....

My favorite part was when the Dixie Chicks got up to accept an award and casually thanked the songwriters in a throw-away line.

The one time I saw them accepting an award they thanked their songwriters mutiple times, by name.

The one time I saw them accepting an award they thanked their songwriters mutiple times, by name.

In fairness, I caught them for 30 seconds at the end of the night and they apparently won a bunch of awards. So its very possible that they had already thanked the songwriters many times by that point in the night.

Yeah... when they kept mentioning "Dan Wilson," I kept wondering.... Semisonic?

Yup, that's him. It's a long way from Trip Shakespeare.

Not much of a shock that the performers, presenters, etc. are getting completely dissed in this thread.

Thanks for your input.

Thanks for your input.

There's not much chance of proving the relevance of anyone who appeared on the grammys last night in this thread. A lot of people hate whoever is on the Grammys on general principal.

Personally I thought the performances were all entertaining in some way or another except for Rascall Flattz & James Blunt. I liked the records that John Mayer, Justin Timberlake, Gnarls Barkley, & the Chili Peppers put out last year so I enjoyed the show. It would have been cool to see Craig Finn or Chan Marshall, but unfortunately the grammys don't recognize people like that or a the overwhelming majority of records that I liked from last year.

I guess I just proved why people hate the grammys, but anyway. I am still aggravated that they didn't show Wilco when the won for Ghost Is Born.

I guess I just proved why people hate the grammys, but anyway. I am still aggravated that they didn't show Wilco when the won for Ghost Is Born.

they didn't show Wilco because Wilco was in Birmingham, AL playing a show the night of the Grammys :yay

My favorite part was when the Dixie Chicks got up to accept an award and casually thanked the songwriters in a throw-away line.

Natalie Maines was annoying the crap out of me all night. Ok, we get it, you were right about Bush. Most of the people at the Grammy's agreed with you. You can get all giggly when you win a country award. But at the Grammy's? Cut the crap, it's not a big deal.

What's even more sad is that they picked a woman who has been fighting that sort of thing for over 50 years to introduce them - one comment about Bush in no way equals the work Joan Baez has done.

Absolutely true. :thumbup Whether you like her music or not Joanie still represents the best of the long-lost '60's idealism imo. Not to mention she was hooked up for a time (early '80's ) w/ Mickey Hart.

Lowlights for me:

- Mary Blige thanking the entire population of L.A.

- Missing the Police song because I tuned in 5 minutes late -- whatever happened to buildup?

- Extreme closeups of Natalie Maines in high definition - wear much makeup?

Highlights:

- Shakira! Shakira! Her hips do, indeed, not lie.

- Um, that was about it.

I missed the setup, but what were the criteria by which people were voting for the three girls who could sing with Justin Timberlake? Did they actually air auditions by these girls? As far as I could tell, it was just based on their looks. On that basis, I voted in my mind for the one named Robin, sitting on the far right, and it looks like I was correct.

Absolutely true. :thumbup Whether you like her music or not Joanie still represents the best of the long-lost '60's idealism imo. Not to mention she was hooked up for a time (early '80's ) w/ Mickey Hart.

Plus - she helped out some dude named Bob Dylan.

I'd say the Doors were both good and original. I just don't like their stuff all that much.
You had to be there I guess....The Doors have gotten alot of play here over the years...I remember one great thread about them.

Yeah, how long did those fucking clowns from Nirvana play together? Oh, right, six years. Pfffffft.
Yea, most bands have a fairly short life span.

LouieB

I don't think there ever was a time I watched the Grammys... Or maybe there was - I remember seeing Billy Joel stop in the middle of his thing because they cut off old Blue Eyes, but I don't remember if that was because I saw a clip of it or the actual broadcast.

Either way, I can honestly say I haven't seen them since, and that I don't really care about them. A lot of my favorite artists will never get a Grammy for whatever reason, but also, they don't really need one, because they're still going to be fucking awesome at the end of the day for me.