Greatest singers in rock

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robert Bradley can sing his ass off, although sometimes he sounds sort of slurred, as if he's drunk. Also, everything since their second album has been bad, although that's not because of his singing.

QFT

Dark Horse Pick - - - - - Robert Bradley of Robert Bradley's Blackwater Surprise

I have their first album and, yes, his voice is that band's sole reason for existence. The songs are just okay, but that voice is the reason I still pull it out for a spin every once in a while.

Saw them live once--just a short set on the second-stage of a HORDE-fest show, but it was quite nice. Nice call on this one. :thumbup

Come on, you know it doesn't get any better than Jerry Garcia's version of Forever Young. :pirate

:thumbup ( sorry I hadda do it! :lol )

If he can't sing then how come the amount of cover versions that are better than his versions are almost non-existent?

bob is such a legend of a songwriter that his nasal mumbling is largely forgiven. however, this thread is entitled "greatest singers in rock" which bob has no business being mentioned in...in my opinion. this is no slight at all to his genius, just his lack of pipes.

bob is such a legend of a songwriter that his nasal mumbling is largely forgiven. however, this thread is entitled "greatest singers in rock" which bob has no business being mentioned in...in my opinion. this is no slight at all to his genius, just his lack of pipes.

Yeah, I know his writing is great, so if he writes great songs, but he can't sing them, how come nobody else sings them better? If it was a thread about the loudest singer or the most pitch perfect singer, then obviously he wouldn't be mentioned, but that's not the case.

Yeah, I know his writing is great, so if he writes great songs, but he can't sing them, how come nobody else sings them better? If it was a thread about the loudest singer or the most pitch perfect singer, then obviously he wouldn't be mentioned, but that's not the case.

You assert that no one sings them better as if that's an undisputed fact.

I'm a huge Dylan fan, and I like his voice, but I also think that other artists have frequently bested his original versions.

You assert that no one sings them better as if that's an undisputed fact.

I'm a huge Dylan fan, and I like his voice, but I also think that other artists have frequently bested his original versions.

I said the first time that a few people had done versions better than him, my next post was a bit misleading, I guess. But, if he can't sing, then seeing as the amount of times he's been covered by people, then few of his own versions would be definitive ones. Oh, and I'm not talking about Jimi Hendrix's All Along The Watchtower (cos I actually really dislike that version). And also I think the fact that he actually takes American folk songs and then himself makes versions that it's often hard to top, then that alone shows that he must be something other than a good song writer.

It's normally his lesser known, or offically unreleased (that kind of thing) tracks that work better when people cover them, as a general rule (in my book - for all you nazi - "don't state your views as fact" - ers :P ) Which also points toward the fact that he is doing something right when he performs his better known songs.

Paul McCartney

Elton John

Roger Daltrey

Bruce Cockburn

Janis Joplin

Jerry Garcia

John Lennon

Mick Jagger

Syd Barrett

Jim Morrison

Jeff Tweedy

Bryan Ferry