Pitchers and catchers report!

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it sad that I think 80-82 would be a nice year for my O's?

If Bedard can harness that nastiness he had mid-season last year and Daniel Cabrera focuses and finds the strike zone, we might make a little noise.

Viva Aubrey Huff!!

Is it sad that I think 80-82 would be a nice year for my O's?

Strive for mediocrity, boys. :ermm

I feel your pain and I wish I could remember which year it was that I finally gave up hope that this was the year they'd turn it around. I don't really feel that anymore, although I do think they'll be at least somewhat improved this year.(and would love to be happily surprised by an actual good year) We're about at the decade point now. So far my favorite O's player of the '00s is......ummm....uhhhh.....Luis Matos? :unsure

Strive for mediocrity, boys. :ermm

I feel your pain and I wish I could remember which year it was that I finally gave up hope that this was the year they'd turn it around. I don't really feel that anymore, although I do think they'll be at least somewhat improved this year.(and would love to be happily surprised by an actual good year) We're about at the decade point now. So far my favorite O's player of the '00s is......ummm....uhhhh.....Luis Matos? :unsure

No love for Miggy?

So far my favorite O's player of the '00s is......ummm....uhhhh.....Luis Matos? :unsure

It ain't that bad... :lol

Brian Roberts and Nick Markakis are a couple of recent homegrown successes. I think Mora has a better year, and Gibbons too. The bullpen couldn't possibly stink up the Yard any worse than last season. I'm very excited about the trio of Bedard, Cabrera, and Loewen...

Tough times over the last decade in Charm City, for sure, but I see light from the bottom of this chasm.

No love for Miggy?

I guess I was exaggerating there. :D The Matos thing is really an inside-joke with one of my buddies who began making fun of me relentlessly the year the O's had their big fire-sale of all their veterans and brought up a bunch of rookies mid-season. In his first couple games, Matos was flying all over the outfield (couldn't hit for shit, but he could run) and so he became my de-facto favorite player and I would constantly joke that I had to hurry up and buy the jersey before he got cut. (as it happens, I was too late) :lol

Anyway, yeah, the O's should actually be somewhat stronger this year and I am curious to see how it plays out on the field, but ten years of stagnation have made me a bit more guarded in my early-season predictions.

"the k.c. royals will be 2007 central division champs"

- some dude

the quest for .500 coming soon.

it could happen...

seriously.

quit laughing...

2003 was a weird thing for KC- I don't like their chances anytime soon, though. That division is loaded.

George Brett and Willie Wilson were awesome.

I was more of an Amos Otis kind of guy. :stunned

One of the lesser-known bad trades the Mets made.

I always liked Jim Eisenreich for some reason.

I was always a fan of Eisenreich's, and it's probably because I've always thought he had a much bigger impact on the Marlins 97 world series team than he actually did.

No love for Miggy?

i'm a huge tejada fan. i sorta root for the orioles half of the time since he went there. i saw him play back in single-a rookie league when he was like 17. i've followed his career ever since. okay... i'll stop gushing now. :mellow

me too. i wore A.O.'s #26 from little league through high school. he was my first sports hero as a kid.

my football hero was O.J. and i wore his #32 from pee wee through college...needless to say, he let me down a little.

btw: the royals have a legit G.M. in dayton moore and will be making noise in a few years. there are some good young players coming up (alex gordon, billy butler, etc.) and things definately can't get any worse.

you'll see.

me too. i wore A.O.'s #26 from little league through high school. he was my first sports hero as a kid.

my football hero was O.J. and i wore his #32 from pee wee through college...needless to say, he let me down a little.

btw: the royals have a legit G.M. in dayton moore and will be making noise in a few years. there are some good young players coming up (alex gordon, billy butler, etc.) and things definately can't get any worse.

you'll see.

It's going to be a tough couple of years: not easy to gain any momentum with a young team in baseball's toughest division.

It's going to be a tough couple of years: not easy to gain any momentum with a young team in baseball's toughest division.

believing that there's finally someone steering the ship that know's where they are going goes a long way. and taking a few lumps along the way is part of the process. the royals have been circling the drain for over a decade before dayton showed up. things are going change...i can feel it. [isn't that a line from beck's "loser"?] even george brett is optimistic and that means something. he's been in hiding for the last few years and i don't blame him.

The top of the Royals lineup is going to be pretty damn good if things work out like they should.

Should have a killer 1-5. Expect big things out of Mark Teahan this year.

Frank White

Willie Wilson

Freddie Patek

Clint Hurdle

Pete LaCock

George Brett

Hal McRae

Al Cowens

Darryl Porter

THOSE were the days.

Of course...I am a fan of the franchise that traded away Rod Darling, Bill Matlock, Sammy Sosa, Dave Righetti, Wilson Alvarez, Chris Young, Adrian Gonzalez...

Sigh (2 Crow dollars to anybody who know what franchise that is)

Of course...I am a fan of the franchise that traded away Rod Darling, Bill Matlock, Sammy Sosa, Dave Righetti, Wilson Alvarez, Chris Young, Adrian Gonzalez...

We traded away Adrian Gonzalez too, but you could argue it won us a World Series so I'm ok with it.