Ace Frehley, Dead or Alive ?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sarah, I live down in Dalton, GA.

I think we may emailed back-forth last year..perhaps I may have offered

you a ticket and/or even a ride to a Wilco show, Huntsville?

Anywho, I get to R&Brews a good bit. Actually will be there tonight for

The TN Rounders and the Johnny Cash Birthday Bash. The Rounders

are a great band, get out on the town tonight.

Glad to hear Ace is doing better. He used to live around here and was apparently quite the drunkard.

Admit it, some of y'all like me

were in KISS Army back in the day, lol.

Paul Daniel Frehley, aka Ace Frehley (born April 27, 1951, died February 22, 2007) is an American guitarist best known as a founding member and lead guitarist for the rock band Kiss. Frehley played with the group from its inception in 1973 until his departure in 1982.

Death

In what appears to be an apparent suicide, musician Ace Frehley was pronounced dead as a result of cardiac arrest after consuming more than two-dozen sleeping pills. Complete details are not yet available, as this story is still developing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ace_Frehley

Seems wikipedia gets updated with "breaking news" more often than the real news outlets

get a hold of it lately.

my students get really pissed at me when i tell them they can't use wiki as a source...things like this are the reason why, and i use that site as my example of questionable credibility in class.

my students get really pissed at me when i tell them they can't use wiki as a source...things like this are the reason why, and i use that site as my example of questionable credibility in class.

We have banned our writers from citing it in our news stories as well. It can be a good starting point, though.

That's funny - cause in the Kissology dvd - you can see that his drumming is not that great.

or did you mean to say that you like to sing I Can't Stop The Rain in the shower?

KISS was all about the image and peter criss' character was the best of the group (imo). the music was secondary. they were comic book characters who played instruments and that was cool when i was in grade school.

if you want to mention the music, peter's "Beth" was the best thing they ever did imo. other than that, it's second rate music punctuated by flash pots, blood and gene's fire breathing. an incredible live show, but way below average when compared to other music of the day. but nobody sells merchandise like gene. that guy knows marketing better than anyone.

KISS was all about the image and peter criss' character was the best of the group (imo). the music was secondary. they were comic book characters who played instruments and that was cool when i was in grade school.

if you want to mention the music, peter's "Beth" was the best thing they ever did imo. other than that, it's second rate music punctuated by flash pots, blood and gene's fire breathing. an incredible live show, but way below average when compared to other music of the day. but nobody sells merchandise like gene. that guy knows marketing better than anyone.

I don't know...they've got some pretty good rock songs. "Strutter", "Cold Gin", "Detroit Rock City", etc.

P.S. "Hard Luck Woman" is a billion times better than "Beth".

For me, it's really the other way around. I think the image overcame the music - I mean, that's cool what they did - but for me - there has to be some good songs in there somewhere.

Same with Alice Cooper - Killers is pretty cool, Flush the Fashion, is not.

Same with Alice Cooper - Killers is pretty cool, Flush the Fashion, is not.

Clones, from Flush the Fashion is my favorite Alice Cooper song. I think Alice could have done alot more musically in that stage of his career if it wasn't for his alcoholism. Clones just stands out to me.

We have banned our writers from citing it in our news stories as well. It can be a good starting point, though.

Definitely a great starting point, but I'd double-check any info I take from there, particularly before publishing it! Wiki is a fabulous and fascinating idea and there is a ton of great info out there, but yeah, there's always the bufoons, jokers, and drunkards factor to consider. :lol

P.S. "Hard Luck Woman" is a billion times better than "Beth".

Werd!

P.S. "Strutter" had one of the best bass grooves in the entire Kiss catalog, even better than "Love Gun" IMO.

I am partial to the riff in Parasite.

Clones, from Flush the Fashion is my favorite Alice Cooper song. I think Alice could have done alot more musically in that stage of his career if it wasn't for his alcoholism. Clones just stands out to me.

I see your point.

You probably know this - but he is a cleaned up christian dude now.