Neutral Milk Hotel Reunion

the linup appears to be people they have talked about in their news section lately.... I think fake, but I'd hope not. There's no way Dan Deacon would be a headliner.

ah. now it's updated as fake. april fools on the internet is annoying.

AND IT ISN'T EVEN FUCKING APRIL FIRST YET :realmad

The dude from Apples in Stereo was on Sound Opinions this evening. Apparently Mr. Mangum plays a little bit on their new album--which was reviewed quite highly.

I'm listening to it tomorrow (rebroadcast in Chicago) and I'm pretty excitied because its all on Elephant six and I just got Aeroplane Over The Sea and I love it.

He does, indeed. Mr. Mangum is also still recording songs and such according to bundles of sources. He's the J.D. Salinger of rock n' roll. We're all just waiting until he dies.

If you count recording as him recording things like "wind" or "nature," then sure. I hope and pray that something gets released some day, but I'm just not interested in hearing his field recordings.

Did people really fall for this prank? I saw something on Billboard about it.

I'm not remotely hip enough to understand the joke or the humor behind. I 'fell' for it, if falling means I read it and said, 'huh, that's cool.'

TMT's is too snarky about stuff - far worse than pitchfork. They aren't very subtle with stuff either.

If you count recording as him recording things like "wind" or "nature," then sure. I hope and pray that something gets released some day, but I'm just not interested in hearing his field recordings.

I said songs, dude. Field recordings ain't not songs.

TMT's is too snarky about stuff - far worse than pitchfork. They aren't very subtle with stuff either.

i much prefer TMT's news honestly... their "snarky" stuff is actually funny often, and not holier than thou

Me, not so much. I'd rather just have the news that have to waid through their "humor." It's annoying to read their news stories because half of it is tounge-in-cheek bullshit. Just gimme the news without the snarky b.s.! They're not even funny to me. If it was at least funny, I'd be all for it, but it just ain't funny to me. Not say pf is better but they have toned it down to where it's readable now.

I'm not remotely hip enough to understand the joke or the humor behind. I 'fell' for it, if falling means I read it and said, 'huh, that's cool.'

I'm with you. Up until the part where I read it. Then I didn't comment, only closed it again.

Me, not so much. I'd rather just have the news that have to waid through their "humor." It's annoying to read their news stories because half of it is tounge-in-cheek bullshit. Just gimme the news without the snarky b.s.! They're not even funny to me. If it was at least funny, I'd be all for it, but it just ain't funny to me. Not say pf is better but they have toned it down to where it's readable now.

so don't read it.

jeez! it's shocking to me a) how many people continue to fall for our BS every year when we always have an April Fool's Day prank and B) how much people lack a sense of humor about it.

And Sir Kyle has a good point. :P