Wilco had a great chance to debut at #1 On Billboard

May 15th was the perfect slot for the guys to release their record and have a great chance at debuting at #1 Until.....

Linkin Park decided to release their album on may 15th as well. :ohwell I know the band and most of us don't care about that number, but it definitely would have been cool if they could have pulled it off. We can forget that now...Linkin Park's fanbase is huuuuuuuuuuge, which sucks.

P.S. They were definitely playing SBS at one of the bars I was at tonight. Everyone was going nuts!

Plus check this out: (from YepRoc Records)

Shrunken Heads

Ian Hunter

As the leader of seminal seventies band Mott the Hoople, Ian Hunter ripped straight through the hypocrisy and broken ideals of the hippie generation, cutting a jagged swath through popular music and paving the way for the punk rock revolution. Hunter's interpretation of the David Bowie-penned classic 'All the Young Dudes' made him an icon and further work with legendary Bowie guitarist Mick Ronson cemented his position as underground rock 'n' roll royalty. After Mott the Hoople's final break-up in 1974, Ian Hunter pressed on as a solo artist releasing 11 solo albums to date. Now, with Shrunken Heads, the man that has influenced bands from The Clash to Oasis is still affecting today's most groundbreaking artists (Jeff Tweedy collaborates on three tracks) , recording with his beloved band (Soozie Tyrell [E Street Band] Graham Maby [Joe Jackson] among other luminary sidemen) and offering characteristically wry commentary on today's political climate.

Release Date: May 15, 2007.

Big day for Jeff Tweedy!

linkin park? cmon give me a break, theyre definitely not as popular as they once were. They had like one decent cd, which kinda sucks if u go back and listen to it now. I sure hope Linkin Park doesnt outsell SBS, but i guess its a realistic possibility sadly

linkin park? cmon give me a break, theyre definitely not as popular as they once were. They had like one decent cd, which kinda sucks if u go back and listen to it now. I sure hope Linkin Park doesnt outsell SBS, but i guess its a realistic possibility sadly

I never even knew they were still together. I quite liked the singles off the first album but lost interest after that.

Dude, I'm not saying I like Linkin Park. I'm not down with the whole distorted screaming chorus with soft clean tone verses. I think they are terrible. I'm just getting a point across that it sucks because they have way more fans and will definitely debut at #1. Just look at the numbers from Riaa.com

Linkin Park -- Hybrid Theory -- 10 Million Sold

Linkin Park -- Meteora -- 4 Million Sold

I would love it if Wilco were to top them, but it aint happenin people.

Do people who listen to Linkin Park buy music? I don't think so. It is because of these people like this that, The Arcade Fire and The Shins debuted at 2 and Modest Mouse at 1. It's not that those bands are selling TONS of records, it's just that their fan bases are the only people that buy music.

We are the only people still buying music.

Considering a large portion of Linkin Park's fan base are "uber-l337 cal-i CS playaz" most of them will probably just get the album from each other or DL it. I think there's still a healthy chance Wilco will do well on the charts.

Considering a large portion of Linkin Park's fan base are "uber-l337 cal-i CS playaz" most of them will probably just get the album from each other or DL it. I think there's still a healthy chance Wilco will do well on the charts.

I agree that these days, LP fans will probably download the album, even though I don't know what "uber-l337 cal-i CS playaz" means. I think Wilco we be in the top three on the charts.

I don't know what "uber-l337 cal-i CS playaz" means.

I am glad someone else said this first. I look as old as dirt as it is without being "undown" with the kids speak.

I am glad someone else said this first. I look as old as dirt as it is without being "undown" with the kids speak.

I'm pretty sure it was a joke saying that lincoln park fans are lazy internet gamer types that wouldn't actually buy the album but will just download it and burn for all their friends. I could be wrong tho.

I'm pretty sure it was a joke saying that lincoln park fans are lazy internet gamer types that wouldn't actually buy the album but will just download it and burn for all their friends

Correctamundo.

Oh well, I don't really care if they make number one, and I bet they don't either. The best thing about it happening would mean (like it did for Modest Mouse) that really popular music can be interesting. Doesn't make Wilco look any better, just makes music purchasers look better.

I don't see how you people can say people won't buy those Linkin Park albums...look at the numbers. Look how many people pay money to be in their stupid fan club. They are very dedicated.

I predict Wilco will debut 2 at the highest, but more than likely debuting at 3, with a great opening number! 1 would be great. I definitely wouldn't stop listening to them if they were #1. It doesn't mean they are selling out...it means that us fans are so dedicated on supporting the band that we actually buy the album.

i played CS for like the first time in months like... all day yesterday :(

Wow, I was addicted to that game for 3 years...still play it from time to time. It's sick!

n00b! ha