Blue Mountain Reunion Shows

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw them in okc last sunday night at the blue door. great room, with great sound and like 15 people, about 8 of which i brought with me. cary didn't seem to care as the night became a wonderful experience of seeing great performers in what amounted to a living room show. they played a half dozen songs off the new record and several off of each of their previous releases. since we all were literally within 15 feet of each other it was more of a "what do you all want to hear" show with cary giving guitar tips to the crowd. they seemed to really enjoy themselves despite an empty house in okc on a sunday night, and it turned out to be one of the more memorable musical events i've been to. truly a class act.

You might actually find some of them at Best Buy or your average chain store. My wife and I went to the mall with some friends this weekend, and the guys went to the music/video store while the ladies did their thing. I was surprised to find the remaster of Dog Days there.

• 1 month later...

Caught the band last night in Asheville NC. Great show. Mixture of old/new and some choice covers. Go see them if they come near you. New album just as old as the good ones.

September, 21 2008 06:00 PM - Shults-Neal Living Room Concert Series at Rock Point Books Chattanooga, Tennessee

September, 22 2008 07:00 PM - Woodsongs Old Time Radio Hour Lexington, Kentucky -

September, 27 2008 07:00 PM - Otherfest Rosedale, Mississippi -

October, 9 2008 10:00 PM - CD RELEASE PARTY at Schuba

caught them again saturday night in charleston. very good crowd of a hundred or so. a little less than last time maybe due to football season.

i agree that "skinny dipping" is a good song. there's a song about a butterfly i like. a lot too. played lots of old songs but no "generic america" or "big black river." did a cover of the faces "Oo la la."" one other 70's cover also. kind of slow but i was taken right back to my preteen days with a transistor radio.

still don't have the cd yet as i'm waiting for the vinyl. laurie said it should be out mid november. she was really frustrated at the universal pressing plant. i told her our local record store owner is frustrated as well as he gets all kinds of returns from their products.

great show.

I'm really liking their new album. Reminds me a bit of Homegrown for some reason. Looking forward to seeing them in a few weeks.

MIM? I like it too. Got some new material mixed with some of Hudson's solo stuff re-recorded with the band. I wish I was seeing them in a few weeks. Not a lot of love for the Northeast. :ohwell

MIM? I like it too. Got some new material mixed with some of Hudson's solo stuff re-recorded with the band. I wish I was seeing them in a few weeks. Not a lot of love for the Northeast. :ohwell

Yes, I recognized some reworked Blue Mountain but I don't have any of Cary's solo albums yet. I assumed that most of the songs were new. Are any of the songs new?

Uh, so far this new album is pretty quiet, for lack of a better term.

1. Groove Me

2. By Your Side (originally on Cary's album The Phoenix)

3. 70's Song

4. She's a Wild One

5. Midnight in Mississippi

6. Emily Smiles

7. Butterfly (originally on Cary's album The Phoenix)

8. Pretty Please (originally on the Blue Mountain album Homegrown)

9. Gentle Soul

10. Rainy Day

11. Free State of Jones (originally on Cary's album Cool Breeze)

12. Skinny Dipping

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Saw them Friday night in Cambridge. Excellent show. Sorry to report there were only about 30 people there. Here's the setlist:

Skinny Dipping

Myrna Lee

Butterfly

What the Old Man Told Me

Lakeside

Wink

Poppa

Little Darlin'

Jellyroll

She's a Wild One

Emily Smiles

Jimmy Carter