Jeff on the cover of Filter Magazine

issue25-RGB-websized.jpg

Things are looking up for our dear Jeff Tweedy. He's spending time with the family, helping out around the house, smiling a lot more and playing cherry music with his band. Here, in light of Wilco's seventh LP, Sky Blue Sky, Tweedy sits down at the dinner table with Filter to discuss the prior storm surrounding his gang of No Depression allstars, their current easy breezy masterpiece, and the clear skies ahead.

http://www.filter-mag.com/index.php?c=mag

Also, I found this from the May issue of Uncut Magazine:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/29554/Jeff-Tweed...May-2007?page=1

IF I COULD TRAVEL BACK IN TIME, I'D SET THE CONTROLS FOR...Ten seconds ago, I had a clever answer for this I can't remember now

IF I KNOW THE WORLD WAS ENDING TOMORROW, THEN TODAY I'D...Change my answer to the time travel question

:lol well played.

IF I COULD TRAVEL BACK IN TIME, I'D SET THE CONTROLS FOR...Ten seconds ago, I had a clever answer for this I can't remember now

IF I KNOW THE WORLD WAS ENDING TOMORROW, THEN TODAY I'D...Change my answer to the time travel question

:lol well played.

Yeah, I cracked up at that! :rotfl Brilliant.

I'll have to pick that one up. Sounds like there may be a Leonard Cohen interview, too. (And who pays attention to him anymore?... besides me, that is.)

I've only recently discovered Leonard Cohen. I tend to be a little behind the curve. :stunned

I've only recently discovered Leonard Cohen. I tend to be a little behind the curve. :stunned
No kidding, he is nearly dead....

The first three albums have just been reissued I discovered the other day, with really nice packaging and an extra song or two on each. I have all these on the old vinyl so don't think I will buy them, but for new comers it is a nice way to go. My guess is that the reissue program is fueling the interview.

LouieB

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that was kinda funny, but not really funny. The article was good. I will try to post it if I can find it online, but so far I find nothing. May have to transcribe it.

Speaking of death, what's with the toy-gun-in-mouth shot? High comedy, or a cry for help? Or both?

I was offended/embarrassed for Jeff by the toy gun in mouth photo. WTF?

-Laura

Speaking of death, what's with the toy-gun-in-mouth shot? High comedy, or a cry for help? Or both?

I usually give people shit for doing stuff like that. :no :cheekkiss My best guess is that it's (hopefully!) meant to be ironic - maybe poking fun at the idea that SBS is a "happy" album? Of course, you just know the magazine has to use a shocking image, even though they probably took loads of pictures.

No kidding, he is nearly dead....

The first three albums have just been reissued I discovered the other day, with really nice packaging and an extra song or two on each. I have all these on the old vinyl so don't think I will buy them, but for new comers it is a nice way to go. My guess is that the reissue program is fueling the interview.

LouieB

Strange coincidence ... I listened to Side 2 of "Songs..." this morning getting ready for work. Hadn't listened in quite some time. Lovely.