The results are in!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Billboard's ranking of 4 is incredibly lame and I dont understand how Wilco wasn't ranked higher. I am outraged. Everyone knows it should have been ranked 1. Who are these morons at Billboard. Are they even relevant anymore?

I think this proves that Billboard, like Pitchfork and RS, is no longer relevant.

Seriously? Sigh.

So the interesting question will be how much staying power the album has considering going forward. Thought it was interesting to see it displayed prominently in several Starbucks I was in over the last week. If it stays there that's a good sign for the boys, saleswise.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1003589114

if no one's put this up yet. apologies if i'm duplicating earlier post.

Wilco earns its biggest charting and sales week yet, as "Sky Blue Sky" (Nonesuch) bows at No. 4 with 87,000 copies. It's the Chicago-based rock group's second top 10 album and surpasses the No. 8 entry that greeted 2004's "A Ghost Is Born," which sold 81,000. Nearly a quarter of its sales this week were snapped up via digital retailers.
This will make Via Chicago a much more interesting place, as newbies flood the boards with such scintillating topics as "Has Anybody Here Ever Seen Wilco Live?" and "What Other Wilco Albums Are Good?"

Well, you can either welcome them with open arms in the spirit of Wilco or you can be an a*hole. It's your call. Or you

can start your own message board for the "real" fans.

Well, you can either welcome them with open arms in the spirit of Wilco or you can be an a*hole. It's your call. Or you

can start your own message board for the "real" fans.

Or you can just spend less time on this board because 1) There's a limited number of things you can discuss about a band, even when it's your favorite band in the whole wide world and 2) New people are always going to discover your favorite band in the whole wide world, and all of the things you've already discussed will be new to them. It's how the world works.

I think Billboard's ranking of 4 is incredibly lame and I dont understand how Wilco wasn't ranked higher. I am outraged. Everyone knows it should have been ranked 1. Who are these morons at Billboard. Are they even relevant anymore?

I think this proves that Billboard, like Pitchfork and RS, is no longer relevant.

R U 4 Real?
Billboard only counts how many records are sold...they are not making any comentary.

They do not conrol the chart....the people do.

Seriously? Sigh.
haha you dont understand.. things.

That's some good stuff right there. Nice work, Matt.

Well, you can either welcome them with open arms in the spirit of Wilco or you can be an a*hole. It's your call. Or you can start your own message board for the "real" fans.

Harsh my mellow, dude. Can't I just ignore them without being in the "a*hole" camp? I really don't have time to start my own board.

One thing's for sure: if everybody welcomed every newcomer to the board, it would be a boring read.

"Hey, Skippy! Welcome to VC! LOL"

"Glad to have ya, pardner."

"You'll love it ... it's a way of life!"

I wanna go where everybody knows my name.