Leave Me is actually my favorite cut on the album, I love the quieter stuff Sky Blue Sky, Patient With Me and On and On and On. You Are My Face is a gem and Hate it Here is fantastic.

--Mike

I think What Light will be awesome when played at the right time live. Like when I'm wasted at the end of the show and just want to sing my ass off and sway back and forth like a drunk.

i do that at home with the CD

I like What Light, but I don't like the album version as much as the live versions.

me too. i liked it more when it sung in a higher register

oh and its my fave!

Is it me? Or am I the only one who hears Far, Far Away when I listen to Sky Blue Sky? I love the song, it's probably my favorite at the moment. But there are times where I think it's about to dissolve into Far, Far Away.

Is it me? Or am I the only one who hears Far, Far Away when I listen to Sky Blue Sky? I love the song, it's probably my favorite at the moment. But there are times where I think it's about to dissolve into Far, Far Away.

you aint alone - and they're both great tunes

Still trying to get into What Light and Leave Me, but loving the others.

Lots of people seem unsure about Shake It Off?! The first section reminds me of A Ghost is Born, with the obscure melody and unusual changes, which is great. Then it goes into that funky bit, which probably has the deepest groove on the album. It sounds like Stevie Wonder! It's great! Then it does what we might call the chorus, including that crazy but AWESOME broken-up rhythm bit (triplets?). It stopped me in my tracks, and just really demonstrates that Wilco still have a creative, irreverant approach to composing/arranging. (Although I think they rush those triplets on the loft performance on the DVD. I like em slow and clunking.)

Doesn't the verse of Please be Patient sound like Elliott Smith?

What's Will to Love? :shy

last weekend while floating in the pool listening to the webcast i realized that this is going to be the 'summer of "sky blue sky"' i love the way 'on and on and on' bleeds right back into 'either way'. i can see alot of time spent floating around with this one on repeat this summer.

cheers,

b

Everything except "leave me" is pretty damn good. I just can't get into that one. I think What Light will be awesome when played at the right time live. Like when I'm wasted at the end of the show and just want to sing my ass off and sway back and forth like a drunk.

You are a drunk, going to a Wilco show and getting "wasted" as you say is a waste of your time and I am sure the people around you would not appreciate you singing your ass off , it is not you we want to hear. Do me and true fans a favor and stay the hell home!!!!!!!!!!

Impossible germany is my favorite and, I think, the only song on the record capable of standing up to some of their earlier work in later years. The "rockers" make me cringe. I do really like Nels smooth jazz solos and the softer songs are very good but nothing grabs me like all the other albums did. I may just need to listen more (only made it through about 7 times)

When all is said and done...this will be an important album. It's a testament to the songwriting that its difficult to chose a favourite song. I feel like this is Wilco's White album.

When it is all said and done SBS willl be regarded as just ordinary, which it is. Nothing that we have not heard before from lesser talents. Wilco's white album I do not think so, but I am confident that some day we might see it.

"Hate It Here" and "Patient With Me".

I don't think this will ever be my favorite Wilco record BUT, I this could change in a year. I listen to lots of Wilco and there are days when certain songs hit me like they never did before. In the last year, I've been hanging on to "Dash 7" and "Poor Places".

Can't wait to hear the new songs in Atlanta!! :dancing