"Shake It Off" on Fox Baseball this Afternoon

Was watching the nationally televised cubs v. dodgers game this afternooon on Fox and low and behold they used "Shake It Off" during the pregame segment when talking about Carlos Zambrano, the starting pitcher. Pretty cool and the cubs won!

Was watching the nationally televised cubs v. dodgers game this afternooon on Fox and low and behold they used "Shake It Off" during the pregame segment when talking about Carlos Zambrano, the starting pitcher. Pretty cool and the cubs won!

GAH I don't know what is cooler about this, playing that kick ass song or the fact that the CUBS WON!!!! Either way - freakin awesome. Chicago must love their boys.

I saw that too. Awesome. Big Z pitched a good game for once. Too bad Wrigley dosen't use musiic caus ethat could be his theme song when he pitches. No, wait I am glad Wrigley doesn't do that kind of BS.

I would start watching baseball if Wilco was played. I'd even be a Cubs fan...

Uhh....are you sure about that? I wholeheartedly support watching a baseball game. any game, for that matter, with Wilco involved. However, I don't know about being a Cubs fan. It'd be bad for your general health. If the Cubs ever used a Wilco song as their theme song it would be "I Am Trying To Break Your Heart." They've been doing that, and succeeding, for decades now. I officially stopped being a Cubs fan after the inexcusable playoff chokefest in 2003, and i have to admit, my heart has NEVER been healthier. One of the best decisions i have ever made. Go Sox! :yes

Uhh....are you sure about that? I wholeheartedly support watching a baseball game. any game, for that matter, with Wilco involved. However, I don't know about being a Cubs fan. It'd be bad for your general health. If the Cubs ever used a Wilco song as their theme song it would be "I Am Trying To Break Your Heart." They've been doing that, and succeeding, for decades now. I officially stopped being a Cubs fan after the inexcusable playoff chokefest in 2003, and i have to admit, my heart has NEVER been healthier. One of the best decisions i have ever made. Go Sox! :yes

Good point, however isn't "I Am Trying to Break Your Heart" taken by the Braves?

I am sure the World Series victory didn't hurt.

GO SOX!

Oh, of course that Championship Season helped . I used to be a fan of both teams, due to my love of Chicago and baseball. More importantly, I didn't grow up in an environment where i had to pick one team over the other, so i never thought about choosing sides. That is, until the 2003 debacle ruined my relationship with the Cubs forever. The 2005 magic carpet ride of a season guaranteed that I'll be a Sox fan for life! If the Cubs were ever in a World Series, i would root for them. If the Cubs were in a World Series against the Sox, i would wish for nothing less than a South Side Sweep! I can't wait for the crosstown series to shift to the Cell! This time I hope the Sox will bring a bullpen with them.

yous guys are gonna be sorry when the cubs break their 100 year losing streak next season and the new theme song is "what light"... and i'm going to laugh at you for dissing my team.

Does that mean that you've already written off this year?

yous guys are gonna be sorry when the cubs break their 100 year losing streak next season and the new theme song is "what light"... and i'm going to laugh at you for dissing my team.

I am disowning you -- you are no daughter of mine.

Guest ChooChooCharlie

Check this shit out!! A few months ago I was at this monthly music publishers event where theres a designated panel discussing a specific topic and bunch of writers, publishers, industry folk, etc., get together and pretend that they are there for any other reason than to network.

So afterwards, I'm waiting in the valet line for my car standing behind a lovely woman and we start chit chatting..I'm wearing my Wilco shirt of course to represent, as most of these attendees don't really know a lot about music, they prefer having conversations about how many units the latest Hillary Duff record sold and things along those lines..

Anyhow, the lovely woman and I are chatting and says she works for Fox Sports and chooses the music that (insert some kind of industry term here which means your song was placed in various types of media-maybe a Sync perhaps?). The rest of our small talk continued something like this..

Me: Cool..What kind of music do you generally lean toward for the clips?

Her: Well, we use a lot of rock..sometimes hip hop. Things that can come across as hard hitting to compliment the clip..

Me: Hmmmm. I'm not much of a sports fan and haven't watched a lot of televised events, but I did watch the White sox win the world series two years ago. I was riveted by all 4 games, VERY exciting stuff AND Liz Phair sang "God Bless America" at the halftime or whatever..I was living in Chicago at the time...Are you familiar with Wilco? (as I pointed to the logo on my shirt) They are a Chicago band too..

Her: Ummm..I think I've heard of them..blah blah blah

And we continued like this until her car arrived and went our separate ways..

I wish now I would have taken that woman's card!!! She may not have really known who Wilco was then, but I guess she does now :)

The Cubs may have won the game, but my boys in Blue took the series. Now Wilco + Dodgers, that's my kinda mix.

(my first post. chances are i'm not gonna make many friends around here bagging on the cubs. i'm a nice guy don't worry :thumbup )

The guy who handles the "bumper" music for Fox baseball on the weekends is a regular

poster on phantasytour . com message boards, mainly the Widespread Panic board.

He's been doing the job for several years now and asks for requests on the message boards.

I haven't seen him posting much lately but he seems to post and ask for requests more so

when the playoffs begin.

I hope one day The Weather Channel grabs a Wilco album for their montly rotation.

http://www.weather.com/common/survey/feedb...tml?from=footer

Request it here ^^^^^^^

Guest ChooChooCharlie
The guy who handles the "bumper" music for Fox baseball on the weekends is a regular

poster on phantasytour

When a band/artist gets a song placement in a movie, tv, commercial (VW for example), etc., I think it is refered to as a "Sync" in music publishing terms..again, could be wrong as what do I know anyway. I've heard the term bumper used in other contexts as well.

See if that guy can put me back in touch with the lovely woman in the LA office who attends the AIMP luncheons..Thanks..you're a Doll :D

When a band/artist gets a song placement in a movie, tv, commercial (VW for example), etc., I think it is refered to as a "Sync" in music publishing terms..again, could be wrong as what do I know anyway. I've heard the term bumper used in other contexts as well.

See if that guy can put me back in touch with the lovely woman in the LA office who attends the AIMP luncheons..Thanks..you're a Doll :D

I was pretty happy when I heard this song before the game. Where is all the acrimony from the VW-haters, though? I would think anything from Wilco having to do with Fox would be lambasted much more than a vw commercial.