Feedback from Paris

Awsome show. Before someone post a full setlist, I can tell you we got the usual suspects + I'm Always In Love in the encore and the first outing for this tour of Either Way in the main set. No song from Being There :ohwell No Pot Kettle Black :ohwell

Glenn is so impressive to watch. He must do some serious workout to keep with the energy demanded by each show.

From Memory it was something like that (I'm sure I mess up the order and might have forgotten a few songs):

You Are My Face

ITTBYH

Muzzle Of Bees

A Shot In The Arm

Handshake Drugs

War On War

ALTWYS

Either Way

Via Chicago

Jesus Etc

Side With The Seeds

Walken

ITMWLY

Hummingbird

On & On & On

Impossible Germany

Sky Blue Sky

Spiders

Hate It Here

I'm Always In Love

The Late Greats

The aforementioned full setlist:

You Are My Face

IATTBYH

Muzzle of Bees

Handshake Drugs

A Shot in the Arm

At Least That's What You Said

Side With The Seeds

Either Way

War on War

Via Chicago

Jesus, etc.

Walken

I'm The Man Who Loves You

Hummingbird

On And On And On

-------------------------

Impossible Germany

Sky Blue Sky

Spiders (Kidsmoke)

-------------------------

Hate It Here

I'm Always in Love

The Late Greats

A little bit of a shorter-than-usual set tonight because of a strict curfew, but the Paris crowd was really enthusiastic once again and the band seemed to feed off it. Was very glad to finally get to say hi to and chat with Mr. Dowdall and it was again a pleasure.

Someone asked about On and On the other night, so just a couple of quick thoughts. Jeff doesn't play guitar on it, but Nels does a more-than-adequate job as the lone guitar. To me, live, the song had a nice "build" to it and it really hits its stride with a great little organ riff by Mike and sort of soars to its conclusion from there. It feels like it's, overall, shorter than previous live incarnations, which is probably a good thing.

It was an amazing show.

According to a friend, who was just behind the table, it lasted 108 minutes. The problem with some venues in Paris is that they have to stop making noise - noise or music ?? - at 22:30. But the guys from Wilco decided to begin the show at 20:45, which was 15 minutes before the intended time. Indeed, there was not a lot of speech between songs. It was a straightforward show with its highlights (Handshake Drugs, Via Chicago, I'm the Man Who Loves You, I'm Always in Love) and absolutely no bummers.

The audience was wonderful, receptive but always respectful. Tweedy looked delighted. Everybody was laughing all gig long, especially Kotche - I don't know how he can do that, or is it a suffering grin ???

It was my third Wilco concert in France. Everytime I got eyes for a different bandmember. First time, it was Tweedy, of course. Second time, it was Nels Cline. This time, it was Stirratt. He's my favourite bass player, he has an amazing round and full sound and plays like a guy from the Motown in the 60s. Of course, Kotche is always impressive. I didn't care a lot about what Jorgensen and Sansone did, but I am conscious of all the amazing framework they provide in the background. I'll raise my attention to them next time.

It was a hell of a concert, and since it seems that Paris was good to Wilco, I hope Wilco will be good to Paris and play here again as soon as possible.

Best,

Yann

Was very glad to finally get to say hi to and chat with Mr. Dowdall and it was again a pleasure.

Two words: mosh pit :pirate I hope that nutter discovered some bruises today he couldn't remember receiving, if you know what I mean. But generally the enthusiasm was great.

Bbop's legendary song prediction was in full effect. :worship

Also, got to touch the sacred rug. There is now a part of the Loft that is forever Wales. But this also means I can be forensically traced if ever a CSI Chicago starts up. Oh bugger.

For once some photos I'm quite happy with, though I was unexpectedly pretty close to JT and consequently it was hard to get pictures of anything else with his big fat arse in the way all the time (not that my camera would have coped well with anything much further away). Gave up labelling them when I realised I couldn't remember when they'd all been taken. No doubt Bbop can tell ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8568270@N05/

Also uploaded the best two in case the Flickr link doesn't work or maybe you can get the full size/(semi-)quality then.

Wilco in Paris is definitely recommended Raquel. Count me a fan of On And On And On.

Bbop's legendary song prediction was in full effect. :worship

LOL so you got that too then :lol?! I only once didn't dare to trust him, that was when I myself thought "yes!! they're gonna play it now [What Light]!! :w00t", as I was unbelievingly happy they might play my request, but yep, Paul's always right :P

...weaving delicacy and power into a tempered sound that, at least where I was standing, reached controlled perfection whilst still retaining the spark of vitality.

Why doesn't Andrew do this more often?!? Thanks, UK crew, for the rundown. :cheers

Yeah actually I have all of them as well all sound awesome. The 28th show is one of the best recorded Wilco shows I've heard in a long time definately check that one out.